VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally found something wrong with my Vision. While I was transferring the plates from IL to AZ, I noticed that the insurance card I had did not match the VIN with the DMV. I checked the VIN on the neck of the casting and also called the dealership to see what they had on record.

I thought I had everything sorted out but when I got the new insurance cards in the mail yesterday I went out just to double check the VIN......here is where it gets strange: I checked the VIN on the cards with the VIN on the casting and they matched, but for some reason I wanted to check the other locations on the bike (under the plate in front of the seat, and also located in the left hand saddle bag). When I went to check those locations low and behold I have a COMPLETELY different VIN on those locations. I now have to go back to my original dealer (Randy's Cycle) and have them confirm for me which VIN is the one that is registered with Victory.

If I didn't know and trust the previous owner (Rutrow-Mike) and Randy's Cycle I would think something was up, but I know this is just a stupid error on the part of Victory. Should be able to get it sorted out soon.....at least before I get arrested for having a parted out stolen bike. :)

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a confirmation on the "main VIN" being the correct one, but no one can tell me anything on the other VIN......whether its legit to another bike is my main concern. I don't need issues if that "other bike" ever has issues. Just because I know which VIN is correct doesn't mean the other one may not cause me issues in the future.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

phoenix9 said:
Got a confirmation on the "main VIN" being the correct one, but no one can tell me anything on the other VIN......whether its legit to another bike is my main concern. I don't need issues if that "other bike" ever has issues. Just because I know which VIN is correct doesn't mean the other one may not cause me issues in the future.
If I recall the story, Randy got that bike from another dealer that had folded or from Vic that had taken back from a failed dealer? If in fact that was the case maybe..MAYBE that other dealer played some games?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.