VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this 2011 Vision used with 16,000 km on it , but I didn't really like the two tone paint scheme (pearl/grey) plus it had a few deep scratches , cracks and broken tabs on the fairings . i also didn't like the fit and finish of most of the panels , so I thought the only way to fix these issues is by taking it apart and start from scratch .. which i did :biggrin:.

Here's what i've done so far:

1- Lowered 2" in the back and a DIY spacers 1.25" in the front.

2- Thrush Mod , but with MagnaFlow 30" Part#:18145. and 10" tips with 2.5"inlet 4.5"outlet . sounds amazing it's like a V8 and it looks factory.

3- Removed cats.

4- Deleted the O2 sensors.

5- Clear front turn signals.

6- LED HeadLight , DRL and turn signals .

7- Realigned all panels , fairings and saddlebags covers.

8- Sanded all fairings / panels and had them repainted professionally at a paint shop (Solid White).

9- Added a dark grey 16" 7jurock windshield.

10- Added a $25 Bluetooth adapter, now I can play music, map directions etc. . from any mobile via the factory stereo.

11- Added a mobile mount with its own USB charger .

12- Added another double USB charger for my other devices.

13- Did the rear turn signal mod .

14- Added red LEDs one the skirt panels above the mufflers.

15- made a bracket for both parts of the front fender that goes inside of the fender , it looks alot like the victory fix , but stronger.

16- installed the Shifter / Brake Bushing Kit .

17- installed 2 Cadillac horns , i kinda like how they sound , plus they are alot louder than the stock one .

To Do list :

1- LED FOG lights . i have a few different types to try out and i already made a bracket that would fit them all . DONE

2- Mod the saddlebags to avoid bottoming out.

3- install cup holders. DONE

All done , clean , sittin' low & ready for a ride :biggrin::biggrin:

if you look closer there are 3 bolts holding the front part of the front fender on eachside and another 6 on the back part , you can also see the 4.5" summit tips they look alot like the stock ones and flow really well with the factory shields.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Testing the BT Adapter :

After a quick wash :

Going for a quick night ride :biggrin:

Update #1: test fitting one of the LED Fog lights , they are tucked under the tipovers and NO they won't hit the ground when tipped :biggrin:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Cloud Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Awesome work! Looks and sounds great!

Reactions: IIVII

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought this 2011 Vision used with 16,000km on it , but I didn't really like the two tone paint scheme (pearl/grey) plus it had a few deep scratches , cracks and broken taps on the fairings . i also didn't like the fit and finish of most of the panels , so I thought the only way to fix these issues is by taking it apart and start from scratch and I did :biggrin:.

2- Thrush Mod , but with MagnaFlow 30" Part#:18145. and 10" tips with 2.5"inlet 4.5"outlet . sounds amazing it's like a V8 and it looks factory.

3- Removed cats.

7- Fixed all cracks and made the missing plastic taps with (Plast-aid) this product is amazing and a must have for any bike owner, it works it really does and it takes 5 mins to cure and becomes stronger than the plastic part itself.

8- Realigned all panels , fairings and saddlebags covers.

9- Sanded all fairings / panels and had them repainted professionally at a paint shop (Solid White).

10- Added a dark grey 16" 7jurock windshield.

11- Added a $25 Bluetooth adapter, now I can play music, map directions etc. . from any mobile via the factory stereo.

12- Added a mobile mount with its own USB charger .

13- Added another double USB charger for my other devices.

14- Did the rear turn signal mod .

15- Added red LEDs one the skirt panels above the mufflers.

16- made a bracket for both parts of the front fender that goes inside of the fender , it looks alot like the victory fix , but stronger.

17- installed the Shifter / Brake Bushing Kit .

18- installed 2 Cadillac horns , i kinda like how they sound , plus they are alot louder than the stock one .

To Do list next weekend :

1- Install a 6" LED bars in the front as FOG lights . I already made the bracket for them .

3- install cup holders.

4- install 2 external radio antennas (GoldWing) style.

This's what it looked like when i first got it :
View attachment 463993

Then the work has begun :
View attachment 464025

Fixed all cracks and made the missing plastic taps with (Plast-aid) , i love this product .. i've used it on alot of parts on this bike panels /fairings/ front fender etc. it saved me alot of $$$$.

View attachment 464097 View attachment 464105

This's how i have the MagnaFlow installed i used 3.5" Clamps as hang points , the third hang point is attached to a bracket i made with the Tips clamps (not shown in the pic):
View attachment 464065
View attachment 464073

All done and ready for a ride .. if you look closer there are 3 bolts holding the front part of the front fender on eachside and another 6 on the back part , you can also see the 4.5" summit tips they look alot like the stock ones. View attachment 464089

View attachment 464081

Testing the BT Adapter :

After a quick wash :

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Fuel tank Wheel Plant Tire Automotive tail & brake light
I bought this 2011 Vision used with 16,000km on it , but I didn't really like the two tone pahint scheme (pearl/grey) plus it had a few deep scratches , cracks and broken taps on the fairings . i also didn't like the fit and finish of most of the panels , so I thought the only way to fix these issues is by taking it apart and start from scratch and I did :biggrin:.

3- Removed cats.

7- Fixed all cracks and made the missing plastic taps with (Plast-aid) this product is amazing and a must have for any bike owner, it works it really does and it takes 5 mins to cure and becomes stronger than the plastic part itself.

8- Realigned all panels , fairings and saddlebags covers.

9- Sanded all fairings / panels and had them repainted professionally at a paint shop (Solid White).

10- Added a dark grey 16" 7jurock windshield.

11- Added a $25 Bluetooth adapter, now I can play music, map directions etc. . from any mobile via the factory stereo.

12- Added a mobile mount with its own USB charger .

13- Added another double USB charger for my other devices.

14- Did the rear turn signal mod .

15- Added red LEDs one the skirt panels above the mufflers.

16- made a bracket for both parts of the front fender that goes inside of the fender , it looks alot like the victory fix , but stronger.

17- installed the Shifter / Brake Bushing Kit .

18- installed 2 Cadillac horns , i kinda like how they sound , plus they are alot louder than the stock one .

To Do list next weekend :

1- Install a 6" LED bars in the front as FOG lights . I already made the bracket for them .

3- install cup holders.

4- install 2 external radio antennas (GoldWing) style.

This's what it looked like when i first got it :
View attachment 463993

Then the work has begun :
View attachment 464025

Fixed all cracks and made the missing plastic taps with (Plast-aid) , i love this product .. i've used it on alot of parts on this bike panels /fairings/ front fender etc. it saved me alot of $$$$.

View attachment 464097 View attachment 464105

This's how i have the MagnaFlow installed i used 3.5" Clamps as hang points , the third hang point is attached to a bracket i made with the Tips clamps (not shown in the pic):
View attachment 464065
View attachment 464073

All done and ready for a ride .. if you look closer there are 3 bolts holding the front part of the front fender on eachside and another 6 on the back part , you can also see the 4.5" summit tips they look alot like the stock ones. View attachment 464089

View attachment 464081

Testing the BT Adapter :

After a quick wash :

Great write up-- Great build, too.
Where did you get the headlight??

I rebuilt an '09

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great work, wish I had the time. Do you have more info on the Bluetooth setup you have. Products and how to hook up.
Thank you Buc1030 , it's a 30 pin adapter and it's a direct plug & play , my bike came with the newer 30 pins cable that provides 5v so all i had to do is connect the adapter to it , the good thing about this little device it has it's won built-in battery , so once you pair it with your phone it will never lose that pair , everytime you start your bike the device will search for your phone and connect to it automatically as long as you have your phone's BT on.

Here's an ebay link to where i bought it from .. i highly recommend it to every vision owner .
30 Pin Adapter CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone iPod Bose Dock 851143004048 | eBay

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 464193
Great write up-- Great build, too.
Where did you get the headlight??

I rebuilt an '09
Thank you notaharley , i'm still using the stock head light , i only changed the Halogen bulbs to H4 LEDs which i also got from ebay for $35 a pair , they are really powerful and their beam pattern is way better then the stock ones , unfortunately they are no longer listed on ebay , here's a pic of them , you might find them somewhere else amazon etc.

the old listing says ( H4 200W 20000LM 2-Side CSP LED)

Automotive lighting Kitchen appliance Home appliance Gas Tool

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Thank you notaharley , i'm still using the stock head light , i only changed the Halogen bulbs to H4 LEDs which i also got from ebay for $35 a pair , they are really powerful and their beam pattern is way better then the stock ones , unfortunately they are no longer listed on ebay , here's a pic of them , you might find them somewhere else amazon etc.

the old listing says ( H4 200W 20000LM 2-Side CSP LED)

View attachment 464225
Sweet-- I never thought of looking for LED bulbs to fit.
Thanks.

I have wanted to buy the kit that puts Xcountry bags onto the Vision. I found a Vision for $4000 and change, and thought about trying it.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Sweet-- I never thought of looking for LED bulbs to fit.
Thanks.

I have wanted to buy the kit that puts Xcountry bags onto the Vision. I found a Vision for $4000 and change, and thought about trying it.
These are the ones I have in my Concours and my wife's Spyder. They both use H4 bulbs as well. The good thing about these is that they use a heat sink vs a fan for cooling. A lot of the ones with fans have issues with the fans failing, then the LEDs overheat and burn out.

Autofeel Led headlight bulb H4 9003 80W 8000LM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These are the ones I have in my Concours and my wife's Spyder. They both use H4 bulbs as well. The good thing about these is that they use a heat sink vs a fan for cooling. A lot of the ones with fans have issues with the fans failing, then the LEDs overheat and burn out.

Autofeel Led headlight bulb H4 9003 80W 8000LM
Good find , they seem high quality .

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great job and good looking! What are the LED’s you used under the tip overs and how did you mount them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.