VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cross Country. The previous owner bored the mufflers, which was cool but she's a little too loud for me. She's also matte black exhaust.
I can buy a practically new set of mufflers from a 2016 Cross Country, but how can I find out of the '15 and '16 are compatible?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
No difference in exhaust on the cross bikes

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Companies like RC components make slip on exhaust that require no tuning to fuel and air if you have a stock bike and want to keep it that way. They are pretty mellow and affordable. Not a fan of their sound though.

Imo opinion I would look to one of our members here
Crosscountryla for some stock slip ons and believe me he can make them sound the way you want and do it more affordable than you think. Reach out to him. That would be my 1st choice.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I love my Ragin Cajuns but they are not quiet. I have Bassani Quick Change Slip ons on my XCT and they are quiet enough for conversation but will roar when you lay into them. There are no modifications needed if you only change the pipes. If you do any more you will need a Maximus or a PCV, timing wheel and a tune. Have fun!

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
At some point I'm gonna wanna do something with my exhaust. I bought the bike used and the previous owner had swapped out the cans and put custom tips on it, but i have NO idea what they are. I do know they are a bit too quiet for my tastes.. especially since they are so far behind and under the bags. I don't need to set off car alarms when I whack the throttle, but I would like to let 'em talk a little bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a set of Adam bombs for sale as my build changed directions due to parts availability. Looking to just get what I paid for them, send me a message if your interested. Comes with factory tips and heatsheilds in chrome. Heres a video from youtube with them.

I also have a set of chrome tri ovals as well that I won't be using either just to quiet for me, performance numbers are awesome though with bolt ons.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I appreciate it, but most of my bike is blacked out, so chrome isn't what I'm looking for. I like the sound of those Atom Bombs but they're a bit more than what I want. I ride my bike in neighborhoods and whatnot a lot.. don't need to have my neighbors calling the cops. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Understandable, I don't think they are too loud from what I've heard I never installed them due to the change in parts, and agree about the black I don't like chrome but found some 180 sand paper, rustoleum bbq paint and some satin hi temp clear and you would never know they were painted.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I built a pair. Took OEM, cut open and gutted. Then welded in some like 20 inch long glass pack type mufflers. Sound good at speed, not really loud but has a little rumble when you get on it. Defiantly not a "loud pipes save lives" kind of thing.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I love my Gonzo Stealth mufflers. They are nice and quiet for when you want to glide into your neighborhood, but have a nice sound when you roll throttle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.