VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of purchasing a set of MSD Ignition coils for my V92C. Does anyone know if this will get ride of plug foweling problems?I asume it would seeing as they are designed to give the plugs a hoter spark.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hey chris, i'm not sure the coils will help, problem looks like you are suckin up lots of rubber bits, check your plugs for little rubber balls, probably change your air filter so those little buggers don't get by. lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been thare done that lol. Plugs looked a little sooty. No rubber balls. I didn't have a new set of plugs on hand so I sand blasted em to clean em up. The bike doesn't or has ever fowled a plug enough that it wouldn't fire but I have been told over the years that they are notorious for fowling plugs. The bike just recently has started poping back thrue the breather as well as exhaust. Im going to take off the tank and clean the K+N filter as I haven't done that yet. Bad I know! Shoulda done that when I changed the oil lol. If that doesn't help I may just have to get er put on the computer in Burlington. Maybe she needs anouther tps adjustment. I'll do the filter 1st and go from thare. Thanx for your input. Gr8ly appreciate it my friend.

·
Banned
3,010 Posts
Im not so sure msd coils will fit your bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same coils on my 92 as I have on my 100" but I added a big bore kit. Call Scott at Conquest Customs and ask him about fitting, but I don't know that they are the answer to your problem. I really think a fuel controller would be a more accurate means of fixing the problem.

I had problems from the beginning with my Kingpin, and tried a lot of fixes. Ultimately Lloyds VFC II and a PMRT airbox was the best fix. There is something wrong from the factory with some of these bikes that TPS adjustments are never gonna fix no matter how many times it's done, and no matter how much money your Victory tech steals from you.

The biggest difference I noticed with the MSD coild was a lot more low end grunt... I'm glad I have them but not sure you're gonna solve your problem with them. Good luck.

O

o

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Im going to install a new set of plugs and ride it. After all it is a big displacement V-twin and they all fart n pop pretty much. The bike does run good and has plenty of torqe n get up & go for me 85hp&84 ft pounds of torqe at the wheel not bad for a 92 incher. More is always nicer I know. Im thinking next winter I may jus take engine out and send it to Loydz for some messaging hehe heeee!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Chris said:
Been thare done that lol. Plugs looked a little sooty. No rubber balls. I didn't have a new set of plugs on hand so I sand blasted em to clean em up. The bike doesn't or has ever fowled a plug enough that it wouldn't fire but I have been told over the years that they are notorious for fowling plugs. The bike just recently has started poping back thrue the breather as well as exhaust. Im going to take off the tank and clean the K+N filter as I haven't done that yet. Bad I know! Shoulda done that when I changed the oil lol. If that doesn't help I may just have to get er put on the computer in Burlington. Maybe she needs anouther tps adjustment. I'll do the filter 1st and go from thare. Thanx for your input. Gr8ly appreciate it my friend.
Victorys (prior to 2008 model year) are prone to foul plugs if the fast idle lever is not used properly during warmup, especially if the engine is revved before the ECM has leaned out the mixture when the engine gets up to temp. If you're fouling plugs while riding at normal temps, you may need a TPS adjustment. If your plugs are fowled, rather than fouled, you need to stop parking the bike in the hen coop.

If the bike is popping and sputtering, you'd best clean the throttle bodies while you're doing the air filter.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its not as bad as I made it sound or you think it is. The bike runs good. I ussually run a 94 octane gas and I had to put a 91 octane in it the other week. Ive recently filled er up with 94 again and its 99% better. You may think Im nuts but thare is a difference in how the bike runs while useing 91 or 94 Octane.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That could be a big part of your problem right there. The pre-Freedom motors were designed to run on 87 octane gas. Higher octane does not give you more performance, it actually makes the gas HARDER TO IGNITE. Octane controls engine knock (detonation) which can occur for a number of reasons, but all things being equal, it usually happens when compression is too high for the given octane gas being used. Running high octane gas in an engine designed for regular unleaded can result in carbon deposits that build up in the combustion chamber, causing compression to increase, thus necessitating ever higher octane. Unless you've installed high compression pistons in your V92C, you should run some carbon cleaner through your engine and start running 87 octane. My V92C is now 8 years and 43,000 miles old and I've always run 87 in it, with the only knocking occurring when the bike was still new and the TPS was set too lean. This was corrected even before the 500 mile service and has not recurred.

·
Registered
671 Posts
just wanted to let you know or just my 2 cents worth but i have been working on bike for many years the first thing go with a hotter plug like a e3 diamond fire or an iridum plug also check you'r plug wires ohm them out see if thay are still in specs or make new ones with a low ohm resistance . just my personal prefrence but i like the power commanders i've had them on a few diffrent bikes thay work great . hope this will help out !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.