Motorcycle Table Lift | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Motorcycle Table Lift

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by 1 MEAN66, Dec 4, 2016.

1. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    Does anyone have one. If so brand and model? What is good about it, and where does it fall short?
    Wife and I will be headed out Wed. to NH to pick one up. I have seen a few in person, most at the dealers, and this is supposed to be dealer quality. Went on line and looked and looked and compared. Of course the only thing you can compare is the makers hype.Should have asked before but for ton of reasons did not. So if we get a few responses here it may help others. Reason I am getting one in the first place: I'm now 64 and tired of crawling on the floor. I "spin wrenches " for a living on cars and trucks ( 48 hours a week) and have to crawl there also( at least to set a lift), sometimes vehicle is to big to lift,etc.
    Going to Clark Heintz Tools and Equipment in Bow NH just a bit south of Concord. Will be getting: Pro 1200 Max comes in three packages. We are doing the middle one. Will cost us $869 because I am picking up. Normally $969 to deliver. So not saving much, trip will cost more, but give us an excuse to visit the Concord area again. Only 3.5 hours one way but we will hang out a bit.
    Getting a Scissor style, 1200 lb capacity,Padded front wheel vise, Hold down points along both sides,rear drop out ( so that back of table forms a you) seen a few where a plate came out but frame of table was still there), I believe table was 84" long but you can get extensions,40" rear detachable ramp - most have 20" or less to climb the 7" onto the table, so a bike could get "hung up" half way on, seat creeper, 1000 lb hand crank service jack - to raise bike off table if needed, Rear roller plate that drops into the place of the drop out tire plate,Heavy Duty Pneumatic air jack, lots of grease fittings (again things not mentioned by other brands),and a 14 piece hex bit set - ya they kind of chuckled about the bit set but hey it's part of the deal. There are quite a few additional options you can get. And the next up package widens the table from 26"s to 48"s (ramps also) for only $130 more. If I was smart I would get that one and have them ship it over all I would spend less.But if we were all smart we would not be into cars,trucks,and bikes! Type in their site or nhproequip.com and take a look. Biggest think that as sold me was the phone calls, they actually wanted my money and were concerned as to what I was getting, and the 200 reviews from people that have bought this product from them. Jerry

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Staff Member Moderator

vision 08
    IMG_20160828_161501861.jpg wish I could see it or a link to it.
    Number one tip.
    Never ride your bike on it with out side extensions. You'll find there is no place for your feet.
    Push the bike on is 100% safer
    With tire clamped in tire vise you always use one tie down on each fork. If it has very little side to side wiggle its good.
    Don't pull down so hard you blow the fork seals.
    Last tip always use the lockdown bar.

Have had a Handy lift for 20 years. Made all kinds of money wrenching on guys bike. Great way to detail your bike

• Like Like x 1
  3. SMOOOOOOTH

SMOOOOOOTH Active Member

2014 Victory CrossCountry Previous 2001 V92C
    I have a titan drive on lift with side extensions, rear tire roller plate, front vise, man it makes a difference when working on the Vic:headbang: not crawling around on the floor, when your old:old1: Best money i spent:ok:

4. 1 MEAN66

1 MEAN66 Active Member

2014 Cross Country 8 Ball
    While I guess not many of us have table lifts. It's Wed the 7th. Just got back from our day trip to get ours. Still in back of pickup, will unload and let ya know how it works. Have to figure out how to get if out of the truck myself (600 lbs. in the crate), might have to rig my engine hoist ( cheery picker style) some how. Got a lot for the money but so far have passed on the side plates. Working on cars on a drive on rack is usually a pain, as the rack itself is always in the way. Do not know if same on bike rack with bike on it. Do think they would help in the loading, place to put feet and or kick stand if driving on as mentioned. But instead of $130 for the 12 wide extension kit ( adds 12" both sides), my initial plan is to get a four ft. piece of 4 x 4 ( 3.5 x 3.5) and 8 foot piece of 2 x 12 (1.5 x 11.5). Cut in two foot lengths sandwich the 4 x 4 between two pieces of the 2 x 12 so they can be but on floor next to where I would need them. The lift fully lowered is 7"s off the ground. And much smaller to store and move around the "shed". If decide I want the extensions can always get latter. "Shed" is a 30 x 40 building,but after 40 years of working on cars I have accumulated a lot of car "stuff" which is also in it. Plus I think the 40" ramps will make it easier to get any big on it. I know that pushing my Victory ( CC 8 Ball) around is a real pain and not because of the weight but the shape of the stock bars. When the starter in the 89 Harley FLHS died I could push it and jump on it to bump start it. Bars on the Vick get WAY off center if ya turn it to far makes it hard to control the weight especially pushing it forward. Jerry

5. JeffD

JeffD Active Member

2014 Crossroads 8 Ball
    My side extensions are simple wood boxes that fold in half for storage. They have the anti-slip tape on top for good foot traction. I fold them in half and store them in the rafters when not needed.

6. rodhotter

rodhotter Well-Known Member

2013 victory hammer
    i have that exact lift for a few years, i got the complete kit with side extensions low jack etc. you can use shortened 1" black iron pipes to use only one extension to put sidestand down. its heavy but i can move it around on the steel wheels myself, older + only 5-8 160 lb not a gorilla. money well spent IMO!!! [​IMG]

7. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    My biggest issue with a lift table was it would be difficult to pull both wheels at the same time. Just saw this today. Duh, why didn't I think of that!

FB_IMG_1599666935133.jpg

8. rodhotter

rodhotter Well-Known Member

2013 victory hammer
    pulling both wheels at once is rarely needed + "touchy" for sure needing secure strapping, never thought of that way but getting on + balanced sideways may work but not for me!!

9. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

'13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    That's why everyone suggests to "call Rylan" when you're stuck. Dude is damn smart and has a bit of common sense to go with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    0131200724.jpg

I can comfortably put 4 bikes on the "lift table" I use at work.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    With wheels on the front you should be able to slide it right under and looks pretty stable to me. Here's what I use, very stable.

20200609_154550.jpg

12. topcat

topcat Active Member

2011 Kingpin
    Yeah , yeah jmstang I would say that tire needed changing :22yikes: