VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I need your help. I have recently got a K&L Motorcycle lift as a gift. As you all know the victory engine hangs below the frame of the bike. My question is can you lift the bike by the engine. Some lifts including this one say there are shims to go with the metric bikes, are these just to stabalize the bike or do they catch the frame. I have to place the kick stand on a 2x4 just to get it under the bike (05 Kingpin Deluxe). Any advice would be much appreciated. Ride Safe.
Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts

I'd love to have an answer to this question as well.

I was looking at a similar lift, Pitbull, but met with the owner at Biketoberfest this past October and he told me he wouldn't feel right selling me his lift until he got a reply from Victory regarding your same question. To date he has heard nothing.

Other forums have posters who modified their existing lifts with blocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys&gals. I looked at the Pitbull lift also e-mailed them and ws told that there were shims that would work. The lift I have did not come with and blocks or shims. I guess I will have to be creative. Thanks for all the help. Ride Safe.
Mike

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Thanks for the replies folks, I have that same Craftsman lift and hadn't gotten around to trying to use it yet. I had to make some funky adaptors for use with my Honda, never liked the way it balanced with them..never trusted it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
FishWitch said:
I'd check with KevinX. He's the Guru Mechanic and would surely know.
Syd,

Checked with Kevin and he said that there's nothing out there Victory-specific, but he uses a standard lift with 1/4" wood slats to wedge it into place - and that there was no problem using the motor case to lift from as "there's plenty of beef to take it".

Thanks for the lead.

Drew.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.