VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a hydraulic table lift that will fit my Vision without breaking the bank. Anyone ever used the Harbor freight table they sell? Open to all options. Thanks

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Bubba they had that lift on display at the HF near me and it did look pretty cheap the wheels were small and looked like they wouldnt last. The metal was thin with crappy paint on it. The welds on the wheel chock looked like they would break with not too much side effort.
It didnt look to me like i would trust a 18,000 bike on it.
It is cheap but personally id wait an extra couple months gather some more coin and pop for a better one. JMO

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Kevin
As you make your living doing your work with this lift, would you recommand the 1500 LB or do you think the 1000 LB would do.
As some bikes are close to the 1000 lbs, not sure what weight factor the lift is build too. Rated to 1000 or 1500, how much above this do they test it to.
Regards

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Direct Lift/Pro Lift would be my vote. The thing that drives these prices up is the freight to the seller. With that in mind I patiently surfed Craigslist until scoring a Kendon Cruiser lift for $250. At the same time I passed up a deal on a Direct lift for $500. It isn't as sturdy as the two others I mentioned but you can't complain for $250 bucks! If that wasn't good enough, it was new in the box!

IMHO, as to the weight capacity concern above, the difference in lift capacity between 1000 and 1500 lbs. is not as important as the overall design (stability, safety lock, wheel clamp, tie down points etc.) My opinion is from the point of view as a former auto mechanic but now just a home user.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Yes I agree that quality of components is very important with any lift or lifting devise, I was gust wondering if there was a safety factor with lifting ability of lift.
Regards

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Sutherland said:
Yes I agree that quality of components is very important with any lift or lifting devise, I was gust wondering if there was a safety factor with lifting ability of lift.
Regards
I can't remember, but I think mine is 1500#. I also work on the stray HD, and some of those baggers are REAL heavy. An extra couple of hundred for the extra strength is money well spent

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Yer Kevin, I would agree that a couple of hundred extra for a lift is good security when working on a $ 30, 000. dollar investment on bike and the 1500 lbs would be the better choice.
Regards

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a Handy platform lift and have never had a problem lifting 800 pound bikes. It is well built with lots of options available and easy to move around the garage with their dolly. They come with a multi-level ratchet lock should air/hydraulic pressure suddenly drop. The drop out rear panel for tire changes makes that job much easier. It may be more expensive but well worth the investment. As said previously look at the value of what you are lifting.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks ZZ for the Craigs List idea. Had a guy send me a note today on a Handy lift for 750. Will look at it this weekend and see. Thanks to all that posted!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.