VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Never have seen it. I could not find the the capacity of the lift on the site. I would be concerned about that. Also concerned about the locking points, what/where are they?
For 100 bucks you could get a craftsman stand that I would trust.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was interested in the capacity, too.
It was interesting because it is lighter and more compact than my present hydraulicjack but there are some important things to check out before getting too interested in it, such as capacity, locking, how secure/solid is it, does it support the bike in a manner that doesn't damage anything..........etc.
Since I already have a hydraulic motorcycle jack, I have lots of time to check it out and determine if it is worth considering, I am guessing there's not a lot of experience with these, out there.
The acquisition of Joan B.'s new Vision renewed my interest in jacks, my bike doesn't need one ;)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I would not think of using that jack on my Vision. Funny, I purchased a Handy hydraulic lift, added the extended sidesso I can drive it on easily with the Vision. Find myself using the darn Craftsman jack half the time. I guess after using it on half dozen bikes,it's just easy for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts

bubba said:
I would not think of using that jack on my Vision. Funny, I purchased a Handy hydraulic lift, added the extended sidesso I can drive it on easily with the Vision. Find myself using the darn Craftsman jack half the time. I guess after using it on half dozen bikes,it's just easy for me.
Hi Bubba
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of at what place to setup the craftman jack under the Vision !!!!! (pressure points)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LoJak said:
bubba said:
Hi Bubba
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of at what place to setup the craftman jack under the Vision !!!!! (pressure points)
I'll second that!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
That looks like a perfect light duty jack for cleaning and quick work where you need to get a wheel off the ground. Based on the thickness of the metal and the size of the pins it's load rating should be well over 1000 lbs, probably well over 2000 lbs. Remember, it's carrying it load directly where the normal MC jacks use a cantalever system that actually multiplies the forces on the joints.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

I will try and get out and get her up on the jack sometime today.
If you are standing on the right of the bike with the jack,there is a notch just at the back of the engine that I use for areference point for the back suport of the jack.Roll it underas far as I can, then pull the bike off the kick stand (with my arms). Center the stand a tad with my foot, and start pumping.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

mjw930 said:
That looks like a perfect light duty jack for cleaning and quick work where you need to get a wheel off the ground. Based on the thickness of the metal and the size of the pins it's load rating should be well over 1000 lbs, probably well over 2000 lbs. Remember, it's carrying it load directly where the normal MC jacks use a cantalever system that actually multiplies the forces on the joints.
That be said, why didn't they list what the capacity was? Why are they using a light bike Vs a heavier one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.