VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of blue oil smoke from the rear cylinder. Blew 1/2 quart of oil out in just a few miles. Here's what I did:

Pulled the plugs. Rear is oil fouled. DUH!
Compression test: 185 psi, no leakdown.
Crankcase breather hose is clear, but... can't push air in or suck air out of the crank vent. Not sure what sort of check valve is in there or if this is normal (doubt it).

So...
It's not a head gasket or compression would leak down.
I am thinking it's either the crank vent failed, a valve guide seal failed, or the oil ring on the rear piston failed. Motor sounds fine.

Sent an e-mail to Lloyd so we'll see if he can shed some light.

·
Registered
714 Posts
DAM!

·
Registered
397 Posts

DAMN Dude! I hope it's a quick/inexpensive fix.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PrometheusVII said:
2010 XC, Black. My XC-SS
116" Lloydz Big Bore Touring kit
10.8/1 pistons
Lloydz VM1 Cams
Heads Ported/Valves worked
RPW Pipes with extenders
PC-V, Fuel and Rev Evtended
VFC-III
Lloydz IAV
Barnett Clutch & Plate
125Hp/125Tq Motor Only
30HP Nitrous, direct injected to Heads
Holy crap, man! I thought I was a power junkie! LOL
Anyway... I have ridden the bike around 22,000 miles since Lloydz did the motor work for me. I was kinda hoping that as mild as the build was it would be reliable for a lot of miles. No matter... As long as the cases are solid it can be fixed. If thejug is hurt --- 109" big bore is do-able. It's only money.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

HC
Hope it is nothing to serious, 22,000 miles is not a lot of miles, I was going todo the 109 kit this winter myself in my 08 KPallready talked to Lloyd about it, though he said it was a 108 kitbut that doesn't matter.
Anyway go luck with this
Regards

·
Registered
397 Posts

Look at it as an excuse to get even more motor!
Make no mistake, you are a HP junkie. I've been following your threads/posts for a while. A bit of motor-head as well, I think, based on how detailed your analysis of your problem is.
Have you had it looked at yet? Torn it down? If it is just a crank vent or a valve guide seal, can't a dealer fix it, or can you? If it's the oil ring on the cylinder in question, prolly have to get it from Lloydz, unless you're just going to ship it off to him for that Sweet Sounding 109 build.....
Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts

My money is on a valve guide being cracked. Built several motors like that, and bigger that have 40-50-60 thousand miles with no cyl wear or ring issues. Here is the 108 I just finished. Has a strange flat spot across 42-4600. Not sure if it is transition of the Torque tube intake, the D&D mufflers on TC or a combo of the two. The low/mid torque is INCREDIBLE though

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Candubrain said:
hope it's something simple. But Ken&Pen had something similar, turned out to be a porous head casting, that was replaced under warranty
Good luck & I hope Candu is right!

·
Registered
657 Posts
hay halfcrazy pull the rear cyclinder my buddy has the lloyods 104 cycinders and had the same problem with blowing oil he pulled the engine apart and found that the piston sleve had moved in the cyclinder just enough to suck the oil out of the oil return gally lloyd knows about the problem !!

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PrometheusVII said:
Have you had it looked at yet? Torn it down? If it is just a crank vent or a valve guide seal, can't a dealer fix it, or can you?
The dealer ain't touchin it. I may take it apart... I may just throw it in the truck and take it to NY... I have not yet decided...
I want to have a converstaion with Lloyd first, then we'll see.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
Well I hate to see anyones motor crap out.... But that was just funny...
Well me either. But if you held a gun to my head and FORCED me to pickSOMEONES motor...........................?
Shawn
Careful, your true colors are showing.
Iwould never wish ill on you or take pleasure in your misfortune, even hypothetically, no matter how much we disagree.Integrity. Get some.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
advntrus said:
*grin*...........Doesn't feel so good when others come after you for no good reason does it?!
Short memory? Get one.
Shawn
Oh, I'm used to being attacked, called names... I'm the guy you and Don love to hate. However, I have never called you names or attacked you personally. I may challenge your viewpoints, but it's nothing personal.
Yes, I am going out to get a short memory (like yours) in just a few minutes!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Half_Crazy said:
advntrus said:
*grin*...........Doesn't feel so good when others come after you for no good reason does it?!
Short memory? Get one.
Shawn
Oh, I'm used to being attacked, called names... I'm the guy you and Don love to hate. However, I have never called you names or attacked you personally. I may challenge your viewpoints, but it's nothing personal.
Yes, I am going out to get a short memory (like yours) in just a few minutes!
I thought I was the guy Don loved to hate.......No respect I tell you....No repesct....That's what I get

·
Registered
397 Posts

jerrythekingpin said:
hay halfcrazy pull the rear cyclinder my buddy has the lloyods 104 cycinders and had the same problem with blowing oil he pulled the engine apart and found that the piston sleve had moved in the cyclinder just enough to suck the oil out of the oil return gally lloyd knows about the problem !!
Uh-Oh. Sounds like it may be a known problem.... At least Lloyd is aware of it and can fix it. I hope this problem does not extend to his 116" builds.
I'm no motor builder, but I am a motor-head and love tech info. So, if the sleeve slipped, what anchors it in place? Is it just friction from being pressed in, or is there a flange, flare or notch that holds it in place? Or, is there some secondary mechanical device like a bolt or pin? I would think it's probably not welded in as they are dissimilar metals.
Anyone?

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Half Crazy,

I'm sorry that you're going through these issues with your bike. While there may be some distractors, it sounds like you have some true issues with your bike...and it also sounds like you truly know your bikes inside and out.

I hope you take the time to let us know the cause of the problems and allow the rest of us to learn along with you on how best to address them if they should happen to another VOG Member. There's some great minds here and you never know, maybe one will have an idea that hasn't yet been discussed and could assist you in finding the cause and the repair.

Also, since there are many Lloydz fans and customers on The VOG, please keep us posted as to what he tells you may be the cause and what it takes to get it back running smoothly. And Lloyd, as we discussed, you're welcomed here anytime.

No matter with you may read HC, you are welcomed here as you bring a different perspective to the world of bikes and numerous performance mods.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
advntrus said:
Like I said. Short memory.
Shawn
While I am truly sorry to hear that you are plagued with a poor memory, I still have to ask you to show and tell, Shawn.
Here, I'll refresh your memory:
advntrus said:
Jesus you're aD!*K
Shawn
So c'mon! Copy and paste the personal attacks I make on you, bud. Put up or shut up.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
advntrus said:
Actually, this time the spotlight is aimed squarely at you and your rear cylinder. This issue seems to be serious enough that the best Vic minds are being summoned to help you address it.
I reserve the right to dredge up this thread FOUR MONTHS FROM NOW when this is over. For now, I'm going to back out of the way andallow the higher purpose to be served.
Jesus your a D!*k
Shawn
Nice dodge... Allow me to translate: "I got nuthin'".

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.