MotoAmerica's Battle Of The Baggers Race at Laguna Seca | Page 37 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

MotoAmerica's Battle Of The Baggers Race at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Army Tanker, Jul 16, 2020.

1. MoRider

MoRider Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 Road Glide Special

• Like Like x 1
  2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I think he was still shook up from going down in qualifying he seemed to not be as aggressive in corners.

3. Army Tanker

Army Tanker Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
    King-of-the-Baggers-Logo-2021_PNG.png
    The 2021 Season Finale King of the Baggers Race (entire race).

• Like Like x 2
  4. MoRider

2015 Road Glide Special
    It looked that way didn’t it ? Kyle on the other just needed to finish 6 or better hung it all out.
    Hopefully next year we will see more Indians in the field

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MoRider

2015 Road Glide Special
    Where did you get this video at ?

6. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Without question, Kyle Wyman is a stud. Congratulations to him and his entire team. They were serious from the get go.

For some reason, Tyler O'Hara simply cannot get a decent start from a dead stop on that Challenger. That being said, Tyler O'Hara is also a stud to have done what he did on that bike.

None of the other Challengers were ever a serious contender. Hopefully Polaris will help field more entrants in future bagger races, pushrod and overhead cam models.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Army Tanker

I agree. #29 Tyler O'Hara and his Indian Challenger low-sided and went down twice during qualifying. I think that got to him mentally.

I agree that O'Hara's penchant for wheelie-pops during aggressive throttle-ups from a standstill start puts him at a deficit from the get-go.

All of that said, though, # 29 Tyler O'Hara and his Indian Challenger is my favorite bagger racer, and I hope he wins the series next year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    He must be because the Little Red Head (Hanna L) interviewing him, is his wife to boot...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Army Tanker

Harley-Davidson Rider Kyle Wyman Wins King of Baggers Title, Sets New Record
    13 Jul 2021, 05:24 UTC · By Otilia Drăgan

[​IMG]
    9 PHOTOS
    When you live and breathe motorcycles, it’s only a matter of time until you start breaking records. Kyle Wyman didn’t just lead every lap of the race, but also set a new class lap record. Despite personal challenges, the Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle factory team rider won the championship title at the MotoAmerica King of the Baggers.
    What do you do when you’ve gone through surgery because of a crash, just weeks before one of the most important races? Others might think of giving up, but not Kyle Wyman. He skipped the races in-between and saved his energy for the King of the Baggers race.

His strategy was to focus on one lap at a time, as if it were the only one. And it worked: he led every lap on the 2.238-mile WeatherTech Raceway track. Not only that, he even set a new class track record for the fastest lap, of 1:31.983 seconds.

Having spent most of his childhood in a Harley-Davidson dealership in New York, owned by his father, Wyman knew how to get the most out of the #33 factory-prepared Road-Glide Special. Even though he had been road racing other brands in the recent past, and despite his injuries, getting back on a Harley most likely felt so familiar that the rider and the bike almost became one.

This was the second win for Kyle Wyman in the King of the Baggers three-race series, besides a second-place finish, which he wrapped up with 70 points.

The winning Road Glide Special was powered by what Harley calls its “most powerful street-compliant crate performance engine”, the street-tuned 131-cubic-inch Screamin’ Eagle crate engine. Built at the Powertrain Operations facility in Milwaukee, this engine delivers 131 ft-lb (177.6 Nm) of torque to the rear wheel, and it’s able to run with a wide throttle at high speeds.

The Road Glide Special comes with the Milwaukee-Eight 114, but this powerful engine can also be installed on Harley-Davidson Touring models from 2017 and later.

HARLEY-DAVIDSONSCREAMIN' EAGLEKYLE WYMANKING OF BAGGERS 2021KING OF BAGGERS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Photo Gallery:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    LOAD COMMENTS

autoevolution © 2008-2021 SoftNews Net

• Like Like x 4
  10. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
  11. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Although I already know the outcome I’m bout’a watch last race for 1st time. Wyman just fast that day, racing is competitive so hopefully will stick, expand & grow into a serious series. I’m hoping for an expansion so all brands have a stake on a 20 bike grid. I H8 how hard I hafta look at front of challengers to be sure it’s not an HD, polaranus......they started by building snow mobiles & then murdered their own love child so what’d ya’ll expect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

• Winner Winner x 4
  13. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    Niceeee interview and race clips, thanks for posting that ... Wish indian would put as much into this race as HD ..... You can clearly see indian was better in the first race, then HD pulled up there socks and passed Indian by a mile with technical and support and rider, etc.

Wich a steel frame victory would enter the race .. or a vision, hahahhahaha awsome

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Army Tanker

Agreed. Harley-Davidson corporate sponsorship, corporate R&D, technical rules skewed in Harley-Davidson's favor (just look at the engine cubic inch top-end limitations)... c'mon Indian, throw-in some full corporate sponsorship and corporate R&D support already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MoRider

2015 Road Glide Special
    That's the problem of mixing 2 different engine configurations. The air cooled engines have a lot more thermal expansion than the water cooled ones as the so the engine losses power and efficiency compared to the water cooled ones. Indian could have fielded a bike with the TS 111 bored out to a 131. They also did not choose to run a 112 even though it was allowed.
    That being said I really hope both manufactures come out swinging next year and the entries will have an equal amount of Indians in the field. One thing I really hope for is for Harley to come out with a water cooled bagger with a larger version of the Revolution Max engine.

• Like Like x 1