More PCV questions.... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

More PCV questions....

Discussion in 'Tech Q&A' started by KansasWizard, Jul 10, 2016.

1. KansasWizard

KansasWizard New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victroy Cross Country Tour Trike
    Anybody have issues with the PCV not powering up once installed? This plug and play system should fire up with no issues but mine, alas, did not after meticulously following installation instructions. No green pilot light and the bike would not start. The PCV appeared to work great as I installed a MAP. Pilot light bright green and the MAP loaded up instantly. Removed the PCV from the bike, returned it to stock wiring and the bike runs great. So, I guess I know it's not the stock wire harness. Tips from others who may have had this issue appreciated. One other thing I have a question on is whether there is more than one Crank connector near the shock area (the last plug-ins you do when installing the PCV harness). My Cross Country Tour has been converted into a trike with electric reverse mounted in that are which makes it difficult to see whether there is more than one connector. Sure would like to get this solved. Thanks for input.

2. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Moderator

vision 08
    call dyno jet and ask how to check pcv
    or put it back in. Make sure you have power to pcv and find a good ground.
    gast tank in not a good ground

• Like Like x 1
  3. KansasWizard

KansasWizard New Member

Well, progress of a sort, I suppose. Put the PCV back in made sure all connections are good and turned on the system. Good news is that the PCV powered up (cycled red and green led's and stayed green) so I'm ahead in that department. Bad news is that the bike still won't start. Fuel pump pressurizes the system, all other pre-start lights and such come on, the bike cranks successfully but that's all it will do. Idea, anyone?

4. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    Do you have the injectors plugged in correctly ?

5. highball-106

highball-106 Active Member

2015 victory highball
    Check all the connections

6. KansasWizard

KansasWizard New Member

After trying all the above suggestions and talking to The Vic Shop (thanks, Rylan) it has become apparent that I got one of the faulty units. It will not update the firmware correctly nor send maps correctly to the unit. So, tomorrow I will remove the unit and get in touch with Power Commander to see about a replacement. Anybody with any experience returning a bad PCV?

• Like Like x 1
  7. KansasWizard

KansasWizard New Member

Quick update on my situation. Finally diagnosed the problems I was having and it came down to a faulty PCV unit. Sent the unit back for a refund, ordered a new one (which came in 2 days, Thanks Motomummy), installed the new unit and the bike fired right up without hesitation. Installed a MAP that I got from a friend who has the same basic modifications I do and all I can say is, WOW! I never knew there was so much extra power hidden in this already impressive machine. Our XCT has been converted into a trike and honestly felt kind of like driving a golf cart for the past year or so. Now, it feels and acts like a motorcycle again. High flow air cleaner, timing gear, and fuel controller really opened up this 106. Do it, do it, do it! You won't be sorry.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Salty

Salty Member

Victor you/KM Indian
    I Kansas Wizard I sent you a message

What's your fuel Mileage? I'm looking for a trike map
    Do you have LLoyds cams too?

Salty