VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question(s). I read through the manual and it says "To activate the momentary passing beam, press and hold the lower portion of the switch." (speaking of the Hi/Lo beam switch) Does my '10 Vegas 8-ball really have this? I've been pressing that switch all sorts of ways and I've never gotten it to momentarily flash anything. I never really used this feature, even on my old bike that had a big yellow switch near the clutch, but if it's supposed to be there I want it to work.

Next, in regards to the "park" position on the ignition that "In the PARK position, the taillight, indicator lights, and license plate light illuminate." No mention of the headlight in that description, but mine turns on. Is that normal?

This is really a trivial matter but my previous bike had two tiny bulbs in the head light assembly that would provide just enough light to be noticed and it could be left on overnight without issue. I left the key on in my old bike and the headlight drained the battery in no time. Is the Victory's battery robust enough to have the headlight illuminated for a few hours and then be able to crank the engine over after?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Don't think bike battery will take that, battery in my KP will go dead just sitting in garage from time to time, My Ford truck will only last a couple of hours with key left on and that is a bigger battery
Regards

·
Registered
368 Posts
2010 model year bikes do not have the momentary high beam switch. They probably forgot to take it out of their manual. I had an 07 8-ball that had it, my '10 XC does not. I actually miss it, I used it alot when cars were sitting at an interection waiting to pull out on the highway, I thought it was a nice little attention getter for my safety.

I believe it is normal for all the lights to come on. Mine does too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply apd. At least I know it's not broken just missing. I agree on its usefulness. One of those things you take for granted when your previous bike (Suzuki) had it. Thanks for the confirmation on the "park" issue as well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just went out to the garage to try the parking position on both bikes. The Hammer is the best; just the tail light, license plate light, the neutral light, and the oil light come on. You can also turn on the four way flashers if you want. The speedo and tach lights don't come on.

The Cross Country is the same for external lights, but all the gauges light up, the radio turns on, and the other screen with trip meters etc. light up. No head lights on either bike, but I would think all those gauges etc. on the XC would bring the battery down too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.