VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the headlight modulator on their Vision? If so where did you get it? I called Custom Dynamics today and the salesperson said that they could not sell them because they are not legal. I told him that was interesting because I bought one from them for my Yamaha Roadstar about 5 years ago. According to the instructions I got at that time, it said that a modulating headlight was legal in all 50 states. So don't know if I just got a not very knowledgeable sales person or the modulator is no longer legal. Anyway any other sources out there?

·
Registered
164 Posts
These things do make a bike highly visible.
I have heard in certain areas, that when approaching an intersection, and a vehicle desires to turn left in front of you, flashing your headlights is a signal for them to go ahead.
Not sure if it's true, or where this is practiced, but it's enough for me to not want to see if there's anyone out there who believes in this.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
These things do make a bike highly visible.
I have heard in certain areas, that when approaching an intersection, and a vehicle desires to turn left in front of you, flashing your headlights is a signal for them to go ahead.
Not sure if it's true, or where this is practiced, but it's enough for me to not want to see if there's anyone out there who believes in this.
I've always known flashing your lights as telling a person to "go ahead" be that turn or go first at a multiple way stop. I've used it on the bike and in cages.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I had a modulator on my last bike, it saved me a few times BUT it also caused some people to pull out in front of me because they thought I was signaling them to do so. Also some people would pull over because they thought I was a cop.
So no more modulators for me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have seen modulated headlights coming at me. I can’t say I have mistaken them for “an ok for me to go”. Here’s why. the modulation seems to be a more constant almost rhythmic pattern. When I get the “ok flash to go” it’s never the same. Some have longer delays and some are faster than the speed of light.
Some people just turn in front of you because they are entitled. No signaling device will deter this person. But I have faith in karma.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a question for that plug n play. Is it possible to access the headlight plugs without taking the whole front end off. I have short fat hands and can swear in multiple languages. Which I think I may do while installing this plug n play

• Haha
Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
if you pull air filter and crank headlight all the way up you can get at the plug ins.
Guys have laid bike on its side to help. By the way the connectors can be stuck on you'll need to wigle them of maybe.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you pull air filter and crank headlight all the way up you can get at the plug ins.
Guys have laid bike on its side to help. By the way the connectors can be stuck on you'll need to wigle them of maybe.
I will give this method a whirl. Thank you for your post.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.