VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,i have a 2014 judge and was looking for anyone from sourh eastern massachusetts who knows a good place to get some mods done.Im looking to get some lloyds timing wheel ,cams etc done ,internet searches dont produce much results.My bike is great but at speeds below 15 mph it luggs big time ,I was wondering if some of these mods would smooth things out a bit?I use my bike to commute to and from boston ,so im in traffic alot ,its getting really annoying always pulling in clutch at 15 mph or lower to stop engine from lugging.thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
Keep your revs up and it won't lug. 2.5-3k is usually good.

That said you have many mods to pick from that could also help.

A Maximus tuner is kinda one stop shop as you won't need a timing wheel with it. Just get it and a good tune with better pipes and you're set until you want cams.

But the standard PCV with a timing wheel is still a popular choice. This is what I have on my 13 and I'm very happy with the combo. PCV, timing wheel, pipes, and air filters has me happy but one day I'll add cams and a custom tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input,anyone who commutes to and from boston knows how hard it is to keep the revs that high...lol ive heard about the timing wheel but what is pcv, sorry .thanks

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Conquest customs makes an under drive pulley. I have one on my XC. It helped greatly with lugging.
Not sure if they make one for your bike but check them out.
Just google Conquest customs.
Another great place for help is in RI. Kyle from KMC performance. One of the best in Victory performance.

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
Thanks for the input,anyone who commutes to and from boston knows how hard it is to keep the revs that high...lol ive heard about the timing wheel but what is pcv, sorry .thanks
Revs are as easy as twisting your wrist. Just give it more as you're letting the clutch out.

I ride my battleship is Houston traffic without issue. In most stop and go traffic I'll stay in 1st. I'll gas it when traffic moves and then coast to the next stopping point.

If this is your first Vic you just have to learn they like high rpm's and though you may feel you're hurting the bike you're not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info ill check these places out .I guess I have to get over the reluctance to rev the bike ,only my second season with a vic.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Robs Dyno Service in Gardner MA. KMC Powersports in Warwick RI are 2 places you could go. Both do the Cams and Tuner. Different Cams and different tuners but similar results

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
An underdrive pulley will help,,,A LOT!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi all ,i have a 2014 judge and was looking for anyone from sourh eastern massachusetts who knows a good place to get some mods done.Im looking to get some lloyds timing wheel ,cams etc done ,internet searches dont produce much results.My bike is great but at speeds below 15 mph it luggs big time ,I was wondering if some of these mods would smooth things out a bit?I use my bike to commute to and from boston ,so im in traffic alot ,its getting really annoying always pulling in clutch at 15 mph or lower to stop engine from lugging.thanks
One thing that will fix it....
Find a better way of getting to work, if it takes you out another 10-20 mins, who cares, your stopped all the time from the sound of it...

·
Registered
222 Posts
One thing that will fix it....
Find a better way of getting to work, if it takes you out another 10-20 mins, who cares, your stopped all the time from the sound of it...
I don't know if you've been in the area, but anywhere within a 20 mile radius of Boston between 7-9am and 4-6 PM is basically a parking lot, so there's no "long" route. I don't even bother bringing my bike through there in the first place, you Massachusetts drivers are crazy. But seriously, you're real close to KMC, go there.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I don't know if you've been in the area, but anywhere within a 20 mile radius of Boston between 7-9am and 4-6 PM is basically a parking lot, so there's no "long" route. I don't even bother bringing my bike through there in the first place, you Massachusetts drivers are crazy. But seriously, you're real close to KMC, go there.
Been to Boston once, and that's my last unless I need to be there!!! I remember, about threw my gps out the window infront of a cop, ended up back out, turned round saw "PARK" so I did, in China Town, then walked from there to Michael's bakery, got Boston cream pie, ate, and walked....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Been to Boston once, and that's my last unless I need to be there!!! I remember, about threw my gps out the window infront of a cop, ended up back out, turned round saw "PARK" so I did, in China Town, then walked from there to Michael's bakery, got Boston cream pie, ate, and walked....
That sounds like the average trip to Boston. The best way to drive through Boston is not think about where you're going and just always assume you're in the right lane, and if you get in the wrong lane no mass-holes will let you switch and then youre out of the city. I spend way too much time in that city (big into the music scene) and I usually take the train, or go in a scary Uber that flies through Boston. The road system was literally built for horse and carriage, and instead of fixing it they said "screw it, lets make gigantic buildings so they can't make better roads."

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Yeah, traffic around this area is unbearable most of the time. There's virtually no good riding unless you go 30+ minutes outside of the area, and even then there's usually a great deal of traffic to deal with. I live 12 miles north of Boston, and only a couple of miles from work, and I still sometimes take 20-30 min to get there. I still take the bike every day, but spend most of that sitting in traffic. I typically only get about 70 miles to a tank of gas; because most of the engine run time is spent idling. I'll get way over double that if I'm on a road trip in an area where I can actually ride the damn thing, haha.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Yeah, traffic around this area is unbearable most of the time. There's virtually no good riding unless you go 30+ minutes outside of the area, and even then there's usually a great deal of traffic to deal with. I live 12 miles north of Boston, and only a couple of miles from work, and I still sometimes take 20-30 min to get there. I still take the bike every day, but spend most of that sitting in traffic. I typically only get about 70 miles to a tank of gas; because most of the engine run time is spent idling. I'll get way over double that if I'm on a road trip in an area where I can actually ride the damn thing, haha.
You need a water cooled motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
You need a water cooled motorcycle.
Had one! Owned a 97 Honda Magna for 12 years. Great little bike. Stayed cool in traffic. Was quick and nimble. But, my sturdy 6'1 250lb frame got cramped after 30-40 minutes and wanted to get off. Not conducive to the longer trips I was starting to get into.

I love my Vegas. It's not perfect, but that's why we mod our bikes!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.