VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Vance and Hines (2004 KP) slipons, commonly referred to as the Victory Performance Slipons. These mufflers are pretty docile when stock, and I wanted more sound.

I pulled the baffles out (remove both retaining screws and use Vice Grips and mallet), and found that they were about 2 ft. long. Most of the baffle tube is hollow, except the last 9" or so. Here, there is a small canister baffle inside the 2 ft tube.

For the first mod, I cut the tube in half, leaving it about 2" longer than the location of the inner cannister (actual baffle). Sounded deeper and a little louder, especially when you got on the throttle. But I wanted and needed more!!

Next, I cut the tube in half again and cut the actual baffle about 1/3 it's length. Now the thing sounds like a mean V8. The sound is really deep and low, much deeper than drags or slash pipes and about the same volume. Not as loud as the slash pipes, but much deeper. The big cans really make it sound good down low, very deep and bassy. A little better performance as well with the S&S filter and download (no, you do not need to remap).

Thought I would share with those that may want more sound than the stage one slip ons provide with a deep growl. This mod is the loudest and "bassiest" sound that I have heard on a Vic. No one will mistake it for a loud Harley or a set of slash pipes on a Vic, but they may think you have one bad a** V8!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, with the S&S download and intake, the performance is definitely better. Had time tonight to ride about 80 miles and nail it. It climbed much more rapidly up to 100 MPH and sounded absolutely "wicked"!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.