VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Gunner in August and now that the weather is getting colder I notice when starting in the morning I hear a metallic rattle until the bike is warm. Any idea what would cause this or is it normal on cold days?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Just got my Gunner in August and now that the weather is getting colder I notice when starting in the morning I hear a metallic rattle until the bike is warm. Any idea what would cause this or is it normal on cold days?
How cold,what weight oil and does it happen while bike is standing up?

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Idle it up a little when starting it.
These engines have character as they always have one noise or another, and the noises change with miles. At least they are very reliable.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Yup,, totally normal. Start your bike while in the saddle and off the side stand. Once it fires, idle at ~1500 RPM for 30 seconds or so, then set it down on the side stand and let the bike warm for another 3-5 minutes (depending on how cold it is). If you follow this procedure you will hear less noise and it should help ensure engine health.

Check this video out. FF to ~11:40 where Rylan goes over the start and warm up procedures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.