VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this holiday, let us remember those who defend this country's freedom, and let us also remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

All gave some, but Some gave ALL.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

+1

·
Registered
515 Posts
Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.
-Wallace Bruce

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Dimonback said:
Check... who's flying their flag?
Mine has been out since Sunday morning. The only flag in my subdivision of 28 homes..pretty sad. (12 of the other home owners/renters may or may not be from "here")

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in a small neighborhood of homes about 1 mile from Luke Air Force Base and a very very large percentage of my neighbors are retired military of ALL branches, plus my father-in-law who is visiting is retired Navy. Been a very nice weekend. Very patriotic.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Sad thing is, there are many Arab/Persian descent in my neighborhood. You'd think they'd be willing to honor those who fought for their freedom to emigrate to the US- but there isn't a single flag hanging from their homes. Meanwhile there are also several vets, including Korean and Vietnam vets. Damned right their colors are showing.
Anyone who can't recognize what this country and it's soldiershave done for them, well... maybe it's time y'all packed your bags and went home.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

A special thanks and prays for Bud Mahurin, John Finn and Edward Uhl who all moved on this month. Their services to this Country in wars gone by will not go un-noticed in the history books (I hope).
Don

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GrayWings said:
Amen. And on a happier note, there's this (but watch out for that lump in your throat):
The little girls at the very beginning and very end of that video just say it all. If that doesn't get you then you just don't get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.