VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we haven't yet started a Featured Member section on TheVOG, we recently added a new friend to the site and I thought I'd tell you a bit about her.

Meet Jennifer. She's 37 years of age, lives in Wisconsin and until recently, was riding an 04 Vegas. She just began riding in April 2007 and started the learning to ride process in a Church parking lot, then advanced to a local park. Later she took the MSF course and passed with flying colors. From the first time she sat in the rider's seat, as she states, "I could feel it in me that I had to get on the road and GO!"

Three short months ago, Jennifer found a small lump in her armpit and immediately had it diagnosed as breast cancer. It started out as a pea-sized lump and in just a few weeks had grown into three plum-sized tumors. In May she had surgery to have them removed as well as 26 nodes - three of which were cancerous. Her cancer is described as being aggressive. The cancer was only there for six weeks when she discovered the lump. She was to begin treatment at a local hospital, but the Oncologist was giving her the run-around and she found a new Doctor at the University of Wisconsin (Madison) Hospital and is very comfortable with this Doctor. It's a long drive for her and as she states, "well worth it."

She's been evaluated as being a triple negative and that's three strikes against her. But as she states, "I'm tough and I'm determined. I have grandkids that I need to see. We'll I don't have them yet."

To complicate her life even further, she's in the middle of a divorce and attributes the breakup on the fact that she's now fighting breast cancer. In the same breath, she states she's looking forward to the days when she can add the title "Survivor" to mark the end of this battle. She has four children ranging in age from two to 17. As Jennifer says, "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best." Great attitude Jennifer!

Jennifer is now scheduled for four sessions of the chemo drug Adriamycin that she calls the "devil's juice and satan's serum." This drug is administered four times over a period of 12 weeks. The next step will be for her to get Cytoxin (another chemo drug) once per week for 12 weeks. Then, she'll undergo radiation for seven weeks. By February, her treatments will be completed and with any luck, she'll be cancer free and back on a bike.

Here's a link to Jennifer's Profile: http://thevog.net/Jennifer If you're a registered member of TheVOG, let's take a moment to add her to your friends list and send her an email message to say hello. She'll be checking in on this thread and I hope that everyone takes a moment to add a comment to show her our support.

Jennifer loves to ride and while she's not riding now, having some riding buddies to act as her support staff could only deliver positive results. I'mbetting thatshe'll beat thisthing and when shedoeswe can get together and get her back on a bike and riding again.
So, let's take a moment to introduce ourselves to our new friend, Jennifer. You go girl!

·
Registered
35 Posts

Jennifer,
EdRadio here,
I work at a christian radio station, and I'll be asking lots of folks to pray for you and add you to their prayer lists and prayer chains. Here is a link for you from Dr Mercola's website: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...-the-most-common-form-of-death.aspx?source=nl
Cancer is acid loving. Making your body more alkaline is something I've heard for years. Baking soda, what a concept!
Keep fighting, keep riding, keep loving, keep sharing, keep hope, and keep faith!
GBU
Ed

·
Registered
131 Posts
wishing you the best.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Jennifer,
My Dad is fighting prostate cancer right now so I can empathize with your situation. His is not nearly as aggressive as yours and he's using natural treatments instead of surgery, radiation or chemo. So far he's doing better, not completely healed but better. He just started a new treatment and we'll see how that works in the next few months.
In the mean time my wife and I will keep you in our prayers! Keep your head up and get through this!
Looking forward to the day you can get back on your bike and let us all know.
Gary

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Jennifer,
My wife has two close friends with breast cancer, so far both have managed to stay ahead of the game. Keep a positive mental attitude and know that many of us here are praying for you and your family.
Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts

Jennifer,
How are you doing? Any updates? Our prayers are with you. We all wish you the best.
Any time you want to ride we'll be there with ya. Figuratively speaking unless your in Rapid City.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Jennifer, Hope things are looking up for you. You can beat this!
FYI, The Victory Ladies Charity is Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. We have raised over $1000 each year for finding a cure for this damned disease.
BTW Men can get this as well!
I have friends who are Breast Cancer Survivors. Hope to hear you will be back out on that bike real soon!
Prayers sent.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I just want to let everyone know that I am ok. I finished chemo on Thurs Dec 4th and just loving being alivenow. I stil have 30 weeks of the " trial" drug left. and what that drug does is stop oxygenated blood from getting to tumors...I wil go once every 3 weeks for that . But its NOT a chemo drug . My hair is growing like a weed, darker, but I will take it :)
Thank you all that have keep me in your prayers, it means the world to me.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Glad to hear your feeling better. Hope the Holiday season brings you some joy

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Jennifer
You go GIRL.
Just wait to Spring next Spring, You will ROCK Cruising around on your Vegas with a grin from ear to ear.
Remember RIDE WITHYOUR ANGEL and The ROAD ISYOURS.
E-Mailing the Big Guy a Prayer just for YOU.
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Season's Greetings to You and Your Family.
Alan

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for the update. As you can see, you have a lot of friends here rooting you on and keeping you in their thoughts. I can only imagine what you've gone through this past year and truly hope that 2009 brings you the best of everything.

When all is said and done, you'll still have more hair than I ever will!

Thanks for letting us be a part of your life. You're truly the picture of Victory!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Jennifer said:
I just want to let everyone know that I am ok. I finished chemo on Thurs Dec 4th and just loving being alivenow. I stil have 30 weeks of the " trial" drug left. and what that drug does is stop oxygenated blood from getting to tumors...I wil go once every 3 weeks for that . But its NOT a chemo drug . My hair is growing like a weed, darker, but I will take it :)
Thank you all that have keep me in your prayers, it means the world to me.
Are you getting spring fever yet? I hope you're feeling well these days.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.