VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just picked up my 14 cross country and it has this 1st gen iphone media input in the right saddlebags that is useless to me because I have an android. Is there any android connector made for these bikes?

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
As in to stream music?

If so, there is a AUX cable or Ipod connector your bike may have. Should be in the right bag if it has one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah in the right bag there is an iphone connector and I mean like 1st gen iphone, the big connector. Is there any way to swap that with an android one? Does anyone make something like that?

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
Yeah in the right bag there is an iphone connector and I mean like 1st gen iphone, the big connector. Is there any way to swap that with an android one? Does anyone make something like that?
You can switch them out. Another option would be to get a 30pin Bluetooth receiver to plug in and stream your tunes wirelessly. The only down side there is I don't believe the Ipod plug on the 14 is powered. If it is then you'd be all set. If its not then you'll be restricted to the battery life of the receiver.

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
I have this one on my 08. Being my Ipod connector is powered I never have to charge it. Without a powered source it has a five hour battery life.

This one is $30. There is also a Pro model for $80 that may allow you to use you bar controls.

https://www.amazon.com/CoolStream-B...71&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=coolstream+duo&psc=1

Another option would be to get an older model Ipod and load your music on it. Again you will be limited by its battery life but this will let you use your bar controls for sure.

Reactions: Fxdbconvert

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Reactions: Fxdbconvert
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.