VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning.

I'm going with the Maximus on my bike. From the guys that have it, where did you get it and were they helpful with the install/download process?

Thanks much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought mine from Those Dyno Guys but called Techno-research direct with my questions. I had problems with my computer at first (old piece of sh!t) so once I got that squared away the install was very simple. They did give me some pointers because the online manual is not 100%.

I am currently just using the provided stage I maps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my Maximus through 801 Motorworx which is located near Salt Lake City.

I offered to bring my bike up there for the tune but Ryan convinced me he could do the whole thing over the phone which he did.

After installing a basic map (which greatly increased my bikes performance) he sent me a laptop and was able to "fine tune" my bikes performance in all ranges. He would make changes to the map, I would ride the bike as he instructed with the engines parameters being recorded, and upon my return he would upload the information and make additional changes. I had to take the bike for 3 rides to complete the process.

The thing runs like a champ now. I also like the idea the Maximus can tune all rpm ranges thus eliminating the need for the Lloyds's timing wheel to cover the first 2500 rpm.

I can STRONGLY recommend 801 Motorworx and Ryan for a solid tune.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I too have gotten mine from 801 Motorworx. I also opted for the computer tune session vs. the generic map. Each bike is different and will all function different with the same modifications and the same generic map installed. I HIGHLY recommend doing to tune over the generic map.

You get to be part of the tuning process!! And, the tune is guaranteed for life....LIFE!

If you do not want to go with Ryan's tune session, you can talk to Techno Research with questions...Chad is a stand up guy and will talk circles around you if you let him! LOL

Congrats and welcome to the maximus family - your life will forever be changed!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm looking at the Maximus, my question can you go with just a stage 1 mapping or do you have to get a dyno? How much more performance do you get with the stage 1? I have a 2016 vegas, rc component slip on's, K & N air filter and do have the O2 sensors off. I have the Lloydz timing wheel I bought a few months ago but haven't installed yet. I know the dyno cost more and of course, money is always a factor.

·
Registered
444 Posts
With the Maximus, you'll use your O2 sensors again and you WILL NOT need the Lloyds timing wheel. You will see a noticeable difference in performance with the Maximus tuner since your fuel tables will be mapped to your performance set up.

HOWEVER; if you don't do the dyno tune, you're only getting in the ball park with the "stage 1" or as I more accurately call it, "generic map". Each bike is different and a generic tune will not do it much justice. Some swear by the generic tune but I noticed a difference between the generic tune that was initially installed during the tuning process and the end result of the computer tuning process.

You will not regret getting the tuning session to go with your Maximus!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Does one have to put a stock timing wheel in their bike if they get the Maximus?? Didn't realize their prices were comparable to PCV "and" wheel combined.

And, would you need to purchase the TR02 WIde Band 02 sensors. I believe I have the OEM sensors in a box but if I do can they be used??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does one have to put a stock timing wheel in their bike if they get the Maximus?? Didn't realize their prices were comparable to PCV "and" wheel combined.

And, would you need to purchase the TR02 WIde Band 02 sensors. I believe I have the OEM sensors in a box but if I do can they be used??
You can either buy a stock timing wheel or set the Lloyds to 0. I know 801 Motorworx has stock wheels on hand for you if you need one. You dont need to buy anything but the Maximus tuner and optional tune. You will use your STOCK 02 sensors. He will send you a kit that includes EVERYTHING you will need to do the road tune with him. If you're missing your stock 02 sensors, he has those too.....I can only speak to my experience with 801 Motorworx when I say, its LITERALLY, a one stop shop!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Rylan suggested hitting them up for a tune. I was waiting for KevinX to come out this way. Bit closer and riding to Salt Lake this time of year is iffy in some areas.
Yeah, I think I got the O2 sensors somewhere but something tells me since I have what I have, might not be worth changing now. I'll only get pennies on the dollar for resale used and if it's not gonna give me much more then might as well stick with what I have.

·
Registered
107 Posts
With the Maximus, you'll use your O2 sensors again and you WILL NOT need the Lloyds timing wheel. You will see a noticeable difference in performance with the Maximus tuner since your fuel tables will be mapped to your performance set up.

HOWEVER; if you don't do the dyno tune, you're only getting in the ball park with the "stage 1" or as I more accurately call it, "generic map". Each bike is different and a generic tune will not do it much justice. Some swear by the generic tune but I noticed a difference between the generic tune that was initially installed during the tuning process and the end result of the computer tuning process.

You will not regret getting the tuning session to go with your Maximus!!!
RedSawacs is correct about the "generic map." I have a 2013 Cross Country with the Maximus. With the help of Those Dyno Guys & Technoresearch I was able to get a "generic map" for the set up that I had set my bike up with over last winter. (S&S Cams, Lloyz Filter, Stage 1 Exhasut) There is quite a bit of room for improvement for it to be bike specific. By putting it on a dyno, Matt Smith at Those Dyno Guys was able to fine tune it and pull a bit more HP and Torque. On top of that my motor runs smoother, cooler, and I get better MPG than I did when the bike was stock.
Ryan Randall at 801 is also a stand-up guy and I have not heard anything negative about his remote tunes. Even Rylan Vos at The Vic Shop has corroborated with him.
For reference, here is an example of my before and after with a generic map.
Product Font Material property Parallel Office supplies

·
Registered
444 Posts
Rylan suggested hitting them up for a tune. I was waiting for KevinX to come out this way. Bit closer and riding to Salt Lake this time of year is iffy in some areas.
Yeah, I think I got the O2 sensors somewhere but something tells me since I have what I have, might not be worth changing now. I'll only get pennies on the dollar for resale used and if it's not gonna give me much more then might as well stick with what I have.
2 misconceptions we need to clear up here.

1) You'll get most of your money back from selling (enough to justify changing) the timing wheel and PCV if you already bought that.

2) You do not need to ride to a dyno shop to get a tune with 801 Motorworx. The tune is done remotely with you riding the bike the way the tell you to get the data they need - its about 3-5 rides depending and he does the data logging and remote manipulation at his shop in Utah...technology is AMAZING.

Give me a call and I'll let you in on a few details - message me for phone number...trust me, you won't regret it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.