VOG Forum banner

maximus tuner

6K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  patrick aube 
#1 ·
I'm starting to look at vendors to buy a maximus tuner through. I would rather buy local, but being from Wisconsin, i'm not having any luck doing so.

Witchdoctors seems to be down... hopefully not for long.

Anywhere else you guys would suggest i pick one up from?

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
@NOEMTZ seems to be the go to man here on TheVog for remote tuning. There are other options as well, such as Lloydz as Ryan Randall from 801 Motorsports works at the oldest standing Indian dealership in the nation (located in NC which Mr. Greer co-owns).
https://www.noemtz.com/
Indian Motorcycle® Charlotte - New & Used Motorcycles, Service, and Parts in Lowell, NC, near Gastonia, Charlotte, Dallas, and Clover

If you're wanting to go for a ride and make an adventure out of it, you can take your bike to The Vic Shop (TVS). Located west of Des Moines, IA you can add cams, pipes, high performance air filter, and a Maximus tune performed both on the street and finalized on a DYNO. All of that can be done in a day, provided you have a properly scheduled appointment and cooperating weather.
Victory Motorcycle Performance & Service - The Vic Shop

There are more options out there, but those are among the best options available.

#5 · (Edited)
That's another way of saying they don't have it. It will ship from a supplier that can be anywhere. Just speaking from personal experience. I bought something that said Wisconsin on Witch Doctors and it came from Kentucky from Parts Unlimited.

This is probably why they say Wisconsin...
Headquartered in Janesville, Wisconsin, Parts Unlimited & Drag Specialties sell to over 12,000 dealerships worldwide and continue to expand their market penetration with their sister companies, Parts Canada, and Parts Europe.
Parts Unlimited® - We support the sport

#12 ·
Not sure how far you are from Zimmerman Minnesota but Those Dyno Guys is there and one thing you want to keep in mind and not knocking Noe but if you’re only buying the Maximus for now , you will want to think about future support to get the tune done. Matt at Those Dyno Guys is top notch.

#13 ·
I’m pretty sure no matter where u buy ur new Maximus techno research themselves is always there for support, Noe also has tech support package that he offers n which he looks @ ur mods & gives U the closest canned map as possible.

#15 ·
Remember when ur spending ur hard earned $$$$ go with some1 that is truly invested personally supporting us Vic people & Noemtz is one of the very best. U get what u pay for & he’s been living, breathing, bleeding Victory a very long time. Expertise is worth a lot 2 me because U only pay for it once & that’ll save lots n lots of $$$ n the end

#16 ·
Noemtz would U consider this is a open or restrictive muffler, Is 1 7/8 inlet 2 1/2 outlet

Attachments

#18 ·
Yes is tip on it I think gold thing is light @ other end.

#19 ·
I ask because am trying to match cams according to Llyods site 501’s for restrictive & 505’s for open pipes so the 505’s should work best for me correct. Noemtz will b ordering ur remote tune SOON, just gotta get this cam choice figured out 100%. Man I can’t wait for U 2 get my bike set up

#20 ·
So 2.5” is not actually the pipe. If the pipe itself is smaller than 2.5”, I would not suggest aftermarket cams. Tak another pic just slightly back away end of pipe showing tip and pipe.

#21 ·
The tips are 3.5 inches from inside lip to inside lip across, I’ll take a pic this afternoon with 1 tip off & 1 on with a tape measure on it to show better relevance. Thanks again

#22 ·
I know there’s not a lot of pipe choices left for the cross country but if your looking for cams and a tune you are obviously looming for performance. Look at Bassani DNT slip ons. They perform. If you can find Ness Big Honkers they sound great and they go good with 505 cams. If you can find D&D they are also a performer. Go with 501 with those.
Vance & Hines also with 501 cams. I have experienced all of these pipes and will say these are your performance choices.
Earlier I mentioned turning your stock exhaust over to crosscountryLA for a make over and custom sound. He would be the one to talk to regarding what sound you want and what performance level you want using your stock cans.

#25 ·
Hey blazed was the only change u made was from pcv to the Maximus? If so that’s amazing that Noes canned map is better than an actual dyno tune. I myself love hearing that since I’m having Noe do my remote tune SOON & I can’t freakin wait

#26 ·
Hey blazed was the only change u made was from pcv to the Maximus? If so that's amazing that Noes canned map is better than an actual dyno tune. I myself love hearing that since I'm having Noe do my remote tune SOON & I can't freakin wait
Now hold on there fellas. The PCV bike tuned by a real tuner like mine was will be a hard bike to beat. I have both and while my Maximus ( Dyno tuned bike is spot on ) my PCV bike is still a beast and faster. Yes different cams but not by much. Yes there's a Conquest pulley but there's no 1/4 mile advantage there enough to shine. Just sayin the PCV is still a good choice.

Reactions: CrazyDiavelRider
#27 ·
Ok that makes more sense, I know is always variables but the bike only has so much to give. I’ve heard great things about both & so was extremely difficult to decide on which route to go but m the end it was ur advice ( since u have both to side by side compare them ) I decided on the Maximus. Seems the pvcx is lil difficult to find & is only those 2 good modern options. I’m gonna do the Llyods filter, Maximus w/ remote tune ( is about only option with covid) the 505’s & sticking w/ the Matuza exhaust that bike came with. They sound good nuff are open & I’m not made of $$$$ hahaha damn sure don’t want the wife to Lorana Bobblett me n middle of the night over getting new pipes too.

#30 ·
Ok that makes more sense, I know is always variables but the bike only has so much to give. I've heard great things about both & so was extremely difficult to decide on which route to go but m the end it was ur advice ( since u have both to side by side compare them ) I decided on the Maximus. Seems the pvcx is lil difficult to find & is only those 2 good modern options. I'm gonna do the Llyods filter, Maximus w/ remote tune ( is about only option with covid) the 505's & sticking w/ the Matuza exhaust that bike came with. They sound good nuff are open & I'm not made of $$$$ hahaha damn sure don't want the wife to Lorana Bobblett me n middle of the night over getting new pipes too.
Not to mention the PC-V will add about a dozen additional electrical connections to your bike. After having a PC-V for 70k miles I had to ditch mine and go with a Maximus because I was having a random miss and tracking down which PC-V wire/connector was causing the issue did not interest me. I started thinking about long term reliability and my mind was made up.

As of 7/1/2020 TVS ripped out the PC-V, thew it in the trash (since I was having random issues), and gave my bike a tune with a Maximus. I have about 1500 miles on since and the bike is like a completely different machine. It's crazy to me because TVS did the original PC-V tune as well. My bike is far more responsive than it was and sounds very tame until I really get on it. Meaning it is much quieter when cruising at any speed than it was. Which is great for those 6+ hour days.

#28 ·
Is that underdrive pulley really worth the $400 for slower speed luggin or does the cams w/ tune give nuff low end torque to cover parading

#33 ·
I can't address the under drive pulley, since I don't have that. But, the cams, pipes, intake and Maximus tune make this a different bike, yet not different in a radical sense. Just so much better "behaved". I get a lot more response using considerably less input (throttle) and it is more lineal and predictable. I see no need for the pulley with the cams and tune. I can ride the bike very serenely and simply or lift the front wheel (if only very slightly) in a shift to second. My choice, depending on how I choose to apply the throttle. I smoked a charger hemi a week or so ago. He, for some reason felt the need to challenge me and in very short order I had him by at least 30 plus yards and still pulling away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.