VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t have a ln authorized tuner for this unit in my area(CA). I’ve heard these can be tuned remotely...fact or fiction?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes they can (is my understanding too) but since you live in the repressive state of Cali; it may not be possible for someone to do this for you remotely in a legal way. It sucks but that's the pols in Cali for ya.

MAXIMUS Victory Tuner

The guys at the link above may be able to help you in some way. I haven't dealt with them personally and I'm pretty sure there are others who can also help. This isn't an endorsement; just a sharing of info.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
at least we don't live in a depressive state like AZ. Call these guys they can remote tune, buy the Maximus from them 801 MotoWorx | Best Motorcycle Mechanic in Utah | Built in Salt Lake City
801-347-9445
Hey, don't get your panties all in a bunch there big guy, I lived in Cali for 20 years after getting stationed in SD. It wasn't always so legally and demographically messed up. I can remember it when there was no place I would rather live. It all changed due to the 1000 new state laws per year, the massive influx of both illegals and Americans from other states, and the rocketing of the cost of living. A perfect storm of no way Jose by the time I said no more Lemore.

I remember the turning point in 1991. We didn't know it at the time but the 'new' helmet law was a defining moment or rather it coincided with the downturn. It wasn't until the late 90's I really woke up to reality of what Cali was and the direction it was headed.

Trust me, if it was like it was before 91', I'd still be there but the leftists started really outnumbering the normals and now the rest is history.

San Diego now feels like L.A. in both traffic and attitude. In the good days it was a city but maintained a small town feel. That's all gone. I wish you could've been there when it was good. You'd really understand and see what I see.

Anyway; thanks for posting the link to one of the other places that does the Maximus remote tuning. I'm sure the OP will appreciate it.

BTW; I happen to agree AZ can be depressive in some areas like Tuscon and other non-American strongholds who are far more communist/leftist than American. We even have split towns where L.A. Natives came to retire and bring their poisonous attitudes. We need to build a wall I guess. I could go on this subject for pages but this isn't the thread for it.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
One of the reasons I plan to move to New Mexico. Very quiet little place, desert and mountains, a bit of land and no really close neighbors. Great place to "hide" the bodies........just in case.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks y’all!

Getting to it now!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
@BBob Sorry you had a bad experience here, I have lived here since the 70's and I am doing great here in beautiful San Diego, Own my business for 20 years and counting. own my house and 2 others that are rentals. San Diego is the destination for the Arizonians when the temps get to 3 digits over there! I see a lot of Arizona and Nevada Plates on the freeway, now if they would all stay home..........BTW Helmet laws don't scare me and walls are for sissy's :bandit:

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hey, don't get your panties all in a bunch there big guy, I lived in Cali for 20 years after getting stationed in SD. It wasn't always so legally and demographically messed up. I can remember it when there was no place I would rather live. It all changed due to the 1000 new state laws per year, the massive influx of both illegals and Americans from other states, and the rocketing of the cost of living. A perfect storm of no way Jose by the time I said no more Lemore.

I remember the turning point in 1991. We didn't know it at the time but the 'new' helmet law was a defining moment or rather it coincided with the downturn. It wasn't until the late 90's I really woke up to reality of what Cali was and the direction it was headed.

Trust me, if it was like it was before 91', I'd still be there but the leftists started really outnumbering the normals and now the rest is history.

San Diego now feels like L.A. in both traffic and attitude. In the good days it was a city but maintained a small town feel. That's all gone. I wish you could've been there when it was good. You'd really understand and see what I see.

Anyway; thanks for posting the link to one of the other places that does the Maximus remote tuning. I'm sure the OP will appreciate it.

BTW; I happen to agree AZ can be depressive in some areas like Tuscon and other non-American strongholds who are far more communist/leftist than American. We even have split towns where L.A. Natives came to retire and bring their poisonous attitudes. We need to build a wall I guess. I could go on this subject for pages but this isn't the thread for it.
I've lived in southern cal for 61 years. Born and raised. It's a crap hole for most that live here. Yes some can carve out a living. The migration on baby boomers leaving are at an all time high for some reason. LOL

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've lived in southern cal for 61 years. Born and raised. It's a crap hole for most that live here. Yes some can carve out a living. The migration on baby boomers leaving are at an all time high for some reason. LOL
Only thing keeping me here is a Mother-In-Law that's disabled. Otherwise, I'm out.

Reactions: bikendad and BBob

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wish they’d split the state, I live up north. The attitude’s up here are way different besides the Bay Area, but we still don’t have the numbers to vote down some of these stupid laws. Not to mention taxes!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Cheap real estate in vegas and phoenix. You can have them back if you want. LOL

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wish they'd split the state, I live up north. The attitude's up here are way different besides the Bay Area, but we still don't have the numbers to vote down some of these stupid laws. Not to mention taxes!
I hear ya but it's not just upper and lower, I think it's more like inner and outer with a couple primary inners messing things up for the outer.

Reactions: NSANE530

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
@BBob Sorry you had a bad experience here, I have lived here since the 70's and I am doing great here in beautiful San Diego, Own my business for 20 years and counting. own my house and 2 others that are rentals. San Diego is the destination for the Arizonians when the temps get to 3 digits over there! I see a lot of Arizona and Nevada Plates on the freeway, now if they would all stay home..........BTW Helmet laws don't scare me and walls are for sissy's :bandit:
Thanks but that's the point; I had a very good experience for most of my time in SD but then it went bad for everyone except the leftists. I have friends in SD who were paying $500 a month rent for their house and now had to get 2 housemates to come up with the extra $2200 it cost now. Probably higher now; that was a year ago.

Competing with illegals for jobs got really old and all the new leftist laws were getting on my last nerve. I heard my last workplace was taken over by Filipinos. All Americans are gone. This is the mentality there now and has been for decades. Driving to work and back left me with a constant knot in my belly than took a year or two to work out once I got to a small town in AZ. Then I had to deal with the stigma of moving from CA even though I wasn't from there.

If you're a leftist and don't mind all the illegals, wall to wall people and traffic, can afford the extreme cost of living, and can handle the constant barrage of stupid new laws every year; I commend you and hope you stay right there.

Another bad thing is Californians will sell their $200k (or less) house (anywhere else) for $800k then pay cash for a place in whatever state they move to with their extremely high pension compared to most places and not only have a bank full of money with a paid for house; they have an income completely out of sink with the natives of that state. Many have bad attitudes and know they are not well liked by the locals so they hang out with the other CA transplants instead of staying where they were until they pass on. It creates a lot of resentment in every state that has been Californicated especially because the transplants try to make the new place like their old place in CA where they should have just stayed.

I don't blame retirees for moving away from CA if they aren't leftists but leftists should stay there. At the current rate of craziness the USA will be at war with CA at some point when they have more foreigners than Americans and want to secede. The elected leadership is already that way in CA. SD isn't that bad (other than the extreme density in population) but L.A. and the Bay Area are completely off the charts crazy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It’s crazy thinking Mexico might retake California and not even fire one shot . For those of you thinking that’s racist you can go “F” yourself ! I’m all for legal immigration that’s what this country was built on. Those who cut in line and come here because they didn’t like what was going on over there then try and change things to what they just left and not embrace being Americans is madness! I have family members who came here legally went through the steps it takes to become a citizen and are proud to be Americans. People coming here illegally yes I said illegally not “undocumented “or “unregistered citizen “ don’t respect it as much since they didn’t go through the steps it does take, and take it for granted. Just my opinion and I’m sure I’ll get some backlash but I speak from the heart and from personal experience.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just got off the phone w Ryan at 801. I'm set...got my remote tuning package ordered. Can't wait to get her all done up!!

Thanks for the referral JB!!
Glad you got it worked out. Sorry this thread went sideways.

• Haha
Reactions: JamesBond

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad you got it worked out. Sorry this thread went sideways.
Thanks!

Yup, I hear you, funny how that happens sometimes...it's all good though!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.