VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a maximus tuner to put a tune on my 15 vegas when I picked the bike up from the shop the ride home my gear indicator was all over the place and not reading what gear I was in the bike has 10k miles they tried to tell me it was a sensor but I had them recheck the tune and it turns out from what they say the tuner misread my bike as a cross country and they are waiting on maximus to send them a fix has anyone e else experienced this and what was the fix i have been waiting since November

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clutch is fine the problem from what the shop said is that the tuner thinks the bike is a cross country not a vegas so the sensors are different and the ecm cant read the sensor

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
If your clutch is good , other than a bad sensor, it could be that the bike has an underdrive pulley? Check the speed against a GPS or 3k RPMs should be about 80mph.

Is it reading a lower gear ?

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Do you own the Maximus tuner or was it a license tune. How does the bike perform other than the mid read gear indicator ?
The Maximus just doesn’t assume it’s a Cross bike ?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have connected Digital Wrench to a few 100% stock bikes and ECM would show it was a different model bike.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not sure how pertinent this may be in relation, but back in the day when Lloydz was flashing ecu's, I sent mine in for a reflash, and got a call that they learned each was specific to that particular bike and had me send it back to get my original one.

• Angry
Reactions: Kwebber

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I own the tuner module the bike seemed to preform fine other then the gear indicator but it did seem to start a little rougher a few times but that might have been due to it being cold out just seems weird that it would read it as a different bike noemtz what would you do if it should up as different they have had the bike since November two weeks ago they said there was a fix but apparently didn't work

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yes I own the tuner module the bike seemed to preform fine other then the gear indicator but it did seem to start a little rougher a few times but that might have been due to it being cold out just seems weird that it would read it as a different bike noemtz what would you do if it should up as different they have had the bike since November two weeks ago they said there was a fix but apparently didn't work
I simply tuned the bike using the current ECM/ECU software version. So if a Vegas thought it was Cross Country, i tuned using Cross Country version. Just made sure all my fueling, ignition and data all Vegas related. Never had any issues. I have even had a few USA bikes think they were international bikes.

If they (Polaris) reflashing your ECU with correct software version for your bike, all of Maximus tuning will be wiped out and render that license locked. So you will have to buy another license to retune.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Toejam does that mean each tuner module is model specific like if you own a vegas you have to by a tuner for a vegas?
No, the Maximus pulls info from ECU/ECM and lists Vin # and Software version in the current ECM/ECU. That way it lets you start your tuning with correct or matching base map/OEM settings and files.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I got stage one factory card flashed in mine now. No way in hell I'm doing a remote tune or anything without being able to back that tune up. Vic werks has buckets of used ecms for sale. Who knows whats what or if they really have any value. Sounds like a big snafu. Shame they didn't make a decent ecm for these bikes. They are not better than Harleys.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Does the maximus have the capability to hold / use 2 different tunes?

For example, one tune for Nitrous and one without?
You can create as many maps as you want, but can only use one hard flashed at a time. So in a Nos situation, ideally you want bike running on Maximus tune all the time. Then a switch activated PCV for only times Nos will actually be shot.

Reactions: Rollinwind

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got stage one factory card flashed in mine now. No way in hell I'm doing a remote tune or anything without being able to back that tune up. Vic werks has buckets of used ecms for sale. Who knows whats what or if they really have any value. Sounds like a big snafu. Shame they didn't make a decent ecm for these bikes. They are not better than Harleys.
Factory stage one is an easy file to retrieve and reflash in. But can be significantly improved on with a remote tune. Stage one only different in a very small area of map from stock.

Victory ECU/ECM is a great ECU/ECM. The problem is likely someone screwed up at assembly of bike. And can easily be reflashed with correct software using Digital Wrench and an authorization code from Polaris.

Reactions: Rollinwind

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
You can create as many maps as you want, but can only use one hard flashed at a time. So in a Nos situation, ideally you want bike running on Maximus tune all the time. Then a switch activated PCV for only times Nos will actually be shot.
Thank you for the response, so I am clear...only one tune at a time with the Maximus and a second piggy pack for NOS ?

Sounds a little complicated , I think I will stick with my Power Commander 5 , which does have the capability of hold 2 completely different maps, one for when I am not using NOS and when the NOS is armed... the second map automatically is activated . Much simpler.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I used a maximus tuner to put a tune on my 15 vegas when I picked the bike up from the shop the ride home my gear indicator was all over the place and not reading what gear I was in the bike has 10k miles they tried to tell me it was a sensor but I had them recheck the tune and it turns out from what they say the tuner misread my bike as a cross country and they are waiting on maximus to send them a fix has anyone e else experienced this and what was the fix i have been waiting since November
Most of the following comments should apply to Maximus although some are specific to Dynojet's PVCX flash device that I've been using:

1. Reflash the factory calibration and check that your gear indicator is working correctly. If so, there might indeed be a problem/bug in TechnoResearch's software that uses Maximus to flash Victory's ECU. Although they've stopped supporting Maximus for Vics a while back, a legacy problem, if one exists, should be their responsibility to fix. Call them directly. They are known to have great customer support.

If the factory flash is not working fine, then the bike's speed sensor might be kaput. Gear indicators use software inside the ECU to infer from speed sensor reading at which gear the bike is in. The speedometer would usually act up though. If the readings are off by a little, maybe it's not easy to notice.

2. All 106 flash interfaces for Vics should be the same. That's certainly the case for PVCX. Any bike depencies such as XC versus Vegas will be determined at the marrying stage where the flash interface Maximus binds to your bike's specific ECU. No need to buy another interface.

Let us know how it works out and good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.