VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I bought a Maxinus tuner last winter and the weather is final getting warm enough to get going on some upgrades. I've already replaced the mufflers and I get some deceleration popping, from what I have read here in the forum that is to be expected. I bought a Maximus tuner and a Loydz air cleaner and I'm ready to install. I live about 250 miles from Motorworkx in Salt Lake City where I would like to get it dyno'd but I would like to ride it to the shop. I have not hooked the programmer up to my bike. Does anyone have any info on baseline tunes that can get me 250 freeway miles without harming my bike? Does the tuner have a baseline shipped with it or do I have to go online to download one? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I don't have any tunes for you to try but I would love to assemble an assortment to share with everyone based on the parts and model bike for the 106".

If anyone would like to share their Maximus tune's with everyone; contact me and I'll start a database. We do it with the PC-V and Dobeck style tunes; why not the Maximus tunes?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey there, I bought a Maxinus tuner last winter and the weather is final getting warm enough to get going on some upgrades. I've already replaced the mufflers and I get some deceleration popping, from what I have read here in the forum that is to be expected. I bought a Maximus tuner and a Loydz air cleaner and I'm ready to install. I live about 250 miles from Motorworkx in Salt Lake City where I would like to get it dyno'd but I would like to ride it to the shop. I have not hooked the programmer up to my bike. Does anyone have any info on baseline tunes that can get me 250 freeway miles without harming my bike? Does the tuner have a baseline shipped with it or do I have to go online to download one? Any thoughts?
Check with Ryan. Pretty sure he will set you up with a base tune file if you are heading to his shop. Or just wait to put on the af until you get there.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Call me at 832-473-2959. I will talk you through the reflash of the stage one if needed. If you have a laptop with wifi, I can remote in and you can see the process live.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good Morning all! Some great ideas and I think I will do a little of all. I didn't even think to call Ryan before I wanted to set up dyno time but it makes perfect sense to check with him first. I will look on the manufacturer site for a stage one. NOEMTZ, thanks for your offer to go over the process with me. I will most likely be taking you up on it. Bbob a database of tunes would be a great idea. When I get a bit more experience with these things I will have to contribute

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a follow up, I talked with Ryan at Motorworx and he was more than happy to help with a tune to get me by. Very pleasant and informative conversation. One thing that I might pass along. Ryan says that his dyno time is booked out about six months! We decided to go with the remote tune option. I will get the kit with wide band sensors in about three weeks. I'm sure he has more than just Victory bikes to tune but it makes me glad to see that a business that supports our bikes is staying VERY busy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.