VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So checking out the market place I thought I would see what certain items are selling for and maybe something would appeal to me for purchase........ BUT ......... everything is either SOLD or RESERVED!
Why aren’t items removed once they’re sold and what does reserve mean? When you save up enough money you can have the item ? Sheesh. Oh and Forged bars are ridiculously priced !!! Shame on you guys.
ok rant over.
Btw ..... anyone want to buy a set of Vertically challanged pull back bars ?
1 1/8 satin black in excellent condition. Perfect for you short armed T-Rex individuals that love your Cross / Magnum Bikes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
The market place is not ideal, but it is better than nothing. It is up to the seller to keep their listings current. Meaning, it is up to the seller to delete the item after it has sold. This explains why there are so many sold items sitting out there. I believe the site admins may have purged a bunch of sold items a few years back, but I'm not sure. I think the reserved flag gets set if an offer is made. I think it is also up to the seller to clear that flag if they wish to accept additional offers.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
So checking out the market place I thought I would see what certain items are selling for and maybe something would appeal to me for purchase........ BUT ......... everything g is either SOLD or RESERVED!
Why aren't items removed once they're sold and what does reserve mean? When you save up enough money you can have the item ? Sheesh. Oh and Forged bars are ridiculously priced !!! Shame on you guys.
ok rant over.
Btw ..... anyone want to buy a set of Vertically challanged pull back bars ?
1 1/8 satin black in excellent condition. Perfect for you short armed T-Rex individuals that love your Cross / Magnum Bikes.
If you have "buy now" as an option when setting up the post and someone clicks on "buy now" it goes to "reserved". The post has to be changed to sold and/or removed by the original poster. Yeah, people don't think to remove them or change them back if the original buyer changed their mind. I think the mods can probably remove them but they aren't getting paid to babysit as it is so extra work isn't incentivized. Forged bars are unicorns. New they were like $1700 or something with painted to match top covers and that includes the $20 in hardware. I agree that people are taking advantage of others by pricing them so high but they feel like they'll get what they ask or leave a little room for haggling. Sometimes you get lucky and see something just posted and the price is reasonable, I've found a lot of little items that are impossible to find this way over the years.

I thought about the pullbacks years ago but ended up adjusting my position and although my arms aren't as bent as I would like, I've gotten used to them over the past 7 years so no thanks on the pullbacks but if you haven't already, they are also kind of hard to find so you might be able to post them here for like $5k or something (OBO).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Why aren't items removed once they're sold...?
FWIW I like that sold items aren't removed right away. As a seller I would be able to use the sold posts to get an idea as to what is a fair price to ask, and as a buyer I would be able to see what the item has gone for in the past. It's not perfect but some info is better than none.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW I like that sold items aren't removed right away. As a seller I would be able to use the sold posts to get an idea as to what is a fair price to ask, and as a buyer I would be able to see what the item has gone for in the past. It's not perfect but some info is better than none.
Yeah but you go thru pages and pages of sold and reserve. Some been around a while. There should be a segment for the sold stuff. Idk. I give up.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Try the search function. It will narrow it down to what you are looking for.

What I don't like is that once something has been marked 'sold' you can't see the detail.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
I get Slick's point though. You would think that it is marked as sold then retreat would be like a delete button and remove it. The reserved is good, but if it sold then mark it sold or remove it. You would think that marking the item as sold would notify the system to remove the listing in a matter of days. I think the mods have enough to do already, and how many ppl have listed something and forgotten they put it there if no one reaches out to them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.