VOG Forum banner

March V-Twin mag touts Battle of the Giants on cover

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  flumpydog 
#1 ·
Victory & Harley-Davidson 2012 Factory Customs. I bought this thinking it wasa comparison/road test of the bikes. Spoiler Alert It is just a paragraph on each bike and the company photos. I want my $7.00 back. :taz:[link='http://www.paisanopub.com/vtwin/']http://www.paisanopub.com/vtwin/[/link]

#3 ·
Me three. It was like they reprinted half the brochure and that's it.

#8 ·
I have yet to see a supposed "shoot out" or "head to head" comparison that actually put the specs side by side, along with the average purchase price and a pro riders opinion. The obvious bias toward their big advertiser has made me leave Paisano Publications alone. That, and the fact that it takes them 3 months to send the beginning issue of a new subscription. Maybe I'm naive but they seem like big infomercials in print now. kg

#9 ·
bikerdeano said:
Besides the fact that they screwed you guys over, is it a decent Rag otherwise?
In my opinon No. The entire issue is ad's for overpriced parts there are two articles that are about real bikes but even those are laced with plugs for bike shops. Not one naked chick in the entire mag. I will not be a repeat buyer. :nono:

#11 ·
Birdneckrider said:
Best overall magazine, and value if you subscribe, is Roadrunner Magazine. They love all bikes, and have great articles and pics. Just my $.02 worth...
I like Roadrunner but they cater to the BMW type rider. my Dealer always has a few of them every month www.locomotionpowersports.com. I guess I'm getting old but Bike rags used to have a few bike builds and a healthy dose of naked or near nakid chicks with tatoos. I perfer those type of mags. :devil2:

#13 ·
bikerdeano said:
Besides the fact that they screwed you guys over, is it a decent Rag otherwise?
I have read past issues that were pretty good, but this issue was not good at all. Only reason I picked it up as I thought it was going to do a good comparison of these bikes. The other articles were of no real interest to me, and the bikes they featured were not all that great, but that could be my own personal preference. I am still surprised at how blatant they were, in as previously stated, basically reprinting the information in the brochures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.