VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchaced a 2017 Victory Magnum X-1

I Absolutely LOVE this bike but there's many cosmetic changes that I want to make. The main color of the bike is pearl white with most trim pieces being chrome. I'm slowly changing everything to black that came stock as chrome (handlebars, exhaust, levers, cheese wedges, covers, bag hinges, etc).

What I'm wondering is this ... "Has anyone had luck or known someone who's had luck with finding someone else with the same exhaust and just trading the heat shields black to chrome or vise versa?"

As it stands now I'm planning to remove the shields and have them painted but if there's someone out there that want's to trade their black shields for chrome then we could both save a lot of coin.

I've looked all over the place for a way to purchase a complete set of heat shields and about the only thing I've found is the individual pieces from Victory. By the time you buy those you're better off just getting a whole new aftermarket exhaust. And I really can't justify replacing the entire exhaust when all I need is to make the heat shields black.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I recently purchaced a 2017 Victory Magnum X-1

I Absolutely LOVE this bike but there's many cosmetic changes that I want to make. The main color of the bike is pearl white with most trim pieces being chrome. I'm slowly changing everything to black that came stock as chrome (handlebars, exhaust, levers, cheese wedges, covers, bag hinges, etc).

What I'm wondering is this ... "Has anyone had luck or known someone who's had luck with finding someone else with the same exhaust and just trading the heat shields black to chrome or vise versa?"

As it stands now I'm planning to remove the shields and have them painted but if there's someone out there that want's to trade their black shields for chrome then we could both save a lot of coin.

I've looked all over the place for a way to purchase a complete set of heat shields and about the only thing I've found is the individual pieces from Victory. By the time you buy those you're better off just getting a whole new aftermarket exhaust. And I really can't justify replacing the entire exhaust when all I need is to make the heat shields black.
I have the same bike and am doing the same thing; I put on some tri-ovals, but had them ceramic coated satin black first, and I plan on taking the heat shields off and coating them as well.
I've changed the bars, mirrors, front turn signals and added driving lights; next are the heat shields and rear turn signals / cover. View attachment 511983

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.