Madstad Windshield coming in tomorrow | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Madstad Windshield coming in tomorrow

Discussion in 'Victory Magnum' started by torchred, Jun 2, 2020.

1. torchred

torchred New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 Magnum
    I have to admit, I HATE how the wind is beating the hell out of me on rides over 40mph. I'm 6'1 and the wind pummels me as I'm riding. It really does prove how fun the bike is though because I just keep going out and riding more despite that. lol.

I picked the bike up at Classic Iron in Fredricksburg, VA and the ride home left my ears ringing and me feeling slightly concussed. Also grinning ear to ear. I ordered the Madstad with their 11" windscreen as soon as I got home and tomorrow it comes in.

For those that are around my height, have you found that the 11" windscreen works or do you think I'm going to have to start getting into fork deflectors as well?

I looked at making my own "CFAD" the other day and, I'll just say the first go looked like crap so I tossed it. If the Madstad doesn't settle everything, I guess I'll try it again.

2. vindex1963

vindex1963 Administrator Staff Member

2015 Cross Country...2006 Triumph Rocket 3
    Fork mounted deflectors help a lot also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jmstang302

jmstang302 Well-Known Member

2009 Vegas 2008 VISION 2013 XC. 13 Vegas 8 Ball
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ledzep

ledzep Active Member

2011 cross roads, victory fairing, 2" pullback bars, Lloyds drop in cams, timing wheel, IAC idle valve, lloyds exhuast gaskets, D and D pipes, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Barnette push and pull stainless throttle cables, PCV tuned by Klye KMC 120hp, 118 ft lb
    Fork mounted deflectors work wonders, get them, u wont regret it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. torchred

torchred New Member

2015 Magnum
    Thank you all. Hopefully problems are solved enough with the Madstad windscreen.
    Thank you @jmstang302, I saw Paul's video on the install of this. It's like he has installed everything normally done to a Victory because he has a very nice collection of videos!

6. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Paul does have great informative videos. His Time is appreciated and I have learned from him. He can work on my bike anytime.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    Hopefully the Madstad system you bought will work great for you. If you don't like the aesthetics of it, try installing the CCT windshield brackets and a CCT windshield. The original CCT windshield is 18" between the top and the cutout. I'm about 3" shorter than you so my aftermarket CCT windshield measures 15". The factory CCT windshield setup uses the same venturi effect as the Madstad system. Having the CCT windshield held off the fairing, like the Madstad system, greatly reduces the buffeting from a CC/Magnum. The short 'blade' windshields are purely for looks and greatly hinder actual riding above 40mph.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. torchred

torchred New Member

2015 Magnum
    Well it seems like the Madstad did the trick. I only did a quick jaunt out to the nearest gas station and back, but I got up around 60 and it was smooth sailing. I feel air coming up around my legs by the tank but that isn't bad at all.

I could already tell that I will have to watch my speed now! Before I put it on, the faster I went, the more my head got punished. Since it is calm behind the windscreen now, it is real easy to get lost in the throttle. lol.

• Like Like x 4
  9. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Glad you found the sweet spot. Never did get mine dialed in for speed above 70 my head is getting beat up. Not entirely sure that's a windshield issue though.

10. StillLookin

StillLookin Active Member

2012 CCT Black
    Glad you like it, I love mine. In fact when I got my new Tenere that was the first thing I got. You will have to get it set up for different situations. I have a cold weather set up as well as warm weather and a rain setting.

Enjoy your 'new' ride!

• Like Like x 1