VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I made the switch to a Vision, recently. Picked it up from the original owner. It's a 2013 with a few extras like S1L2 exhaust, heel/toe shifter, side deflectors, cover, rear block off for trunk delete and all the luggage inserts for the sides and top case.

It's a nice bike with just under 20k for miles. I grew up on various bikes, from motocross to Sportsters, and recently sold my CTX for this, for a bit more room, comfort and power. While it has all of that, I am still getting used to it. Put 200 miles on it for the first ride. Still getting used to the weight. All little more time will tell me if I miss a lightweight bike that I can whip, zip and throw around a bit!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
You'll be surprised at how easy it is to "toss" this one around once you get used to it. They ride much better that the size and weight would indicate. VVB will be along with his list of what to know. Read it well, he has a lot of experience with the space ship. Nice bike. Welcome and congratulations.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Welcome from sunny AZ! Beautiful bike you have there!

Reactions: Hazed

·
Super Moderator
26,482 Posts
Those would be S1L1 pipes if they're Victory. The S1L1 use the same heat shields. The S1L2 are one piece and do not have a separate heat shield that comes off.

Then add is our tradition.

Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey

1. Lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay but this has become a unicorn part to find.

2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion.

3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling Vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.

4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.

5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.

6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.

7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.

8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better....so I hear.

9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.

10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon.

11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike.

12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-alec answers like I sometimes offer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, ok on the pipes. The seller told me they were stage 2 level 1 and I figured he had that switched around.

Understanding I am not, or never have been, interested in a crotch rocket. I was looking at going to a sport touring bike, smaller frame style and nothing big like the BMW, but after reading the reviews and the wife's opinion I am giving the vision a try!

·
Super Moderator
26,482 Posts
Ah, ok on the pipes. The seller told me they were stage 2 level 1 and I figured he had that switched around.

Understanding I am not, or never have been, interested in a crotch rocket. I was looking at going to a sport touring bike, smaller frame style and nothing big like the BMW, but after reading the reviews and the wife's opinion I am giving the vision a try!
For a big girl she'll really dance. I swear the Vision has ruined me for all other bikes.

·
Registered
2015 Vision
112 Posts
Most say if you take the trunk off, you'll never put it back on as it will then feel like what you are missing on your other bikes. With that said, if you are or can be anywhere near Harrison Arkansas at the end of the month for our 4th Vision Gathering you are more than welcome to come and get as many questions answered from about 40 or more Vision riders all in one place. Call the Hampton Inn for room rates, we have the whole hotel reserved just for us the 29th thru the 2nd.
Font Technology Screenshot Number Circle

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
after reading the reviews and the wife's opinion I am giving the vision a try!
Smart wife, congratulations on both

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
153 thousand miles? or 15 thousand 300 miles??
153,000. I had the pleasure of meeting @earl yoder in person and it’s true. He has a great looking Vision and has been all over the country with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts