VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just had a question about the mad stad windshields.whats the difference between the solid one and the one with the cut out ? is it purely cosmetic.ive spent about £700 on windshield s and still get that tiny bit of buffeting on the top of my head,so I want to get this purchase right

·
Registered
820 Posts
hi just had a question about the mad stad windshields.whats the difference between the solid one and the one with the cut out ? is it purely cosmetic.ive spent about £700 on windshield s and still get that tiny bit of buffeting on the top of my head,so I want to get this purchase right
Purely cosmetic. Its a great setup. I have smoked with no cut out. Lately I have been running with a klockwerks flip I got real cheap. No matter the shield it works and adjust for 2 up and wind conditions easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.i know the subject of screens and buffeting has been done to death ,but when your ordering from the United States to the uk its better to get it right first time because the import taxes are stupid

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I've had my madstadt since a few days after purchasing my bike new in 2014. I really liked it BUT wondered if they had one with a "flip" on top. I called them and got some GREAT advise: 1. Make sure windshield is at 61 degrees (told me if no protractor there was an app for cell phone which I got). 2. Set height middle nose, just below eyesight.....MAN what a difference. Just got back from ride out west and thought I'd try something. I set height about even with eyebrows, can look thru or over windshield. Worked great, even while cruising the straight boring prairies at 85mph, GPS, 5000+ miles of various speeds ....well as I've stated in the past, my SLOW BURN Pall Malls....slow burned. Except in Missouri, I ran with no helmet and had very little buffeting, at least none that came close to bothering me or think I'd buy something else IMHO. (11" shield, I'm 5'8 and bike lowered 1".)

Reactions: Hoody1983
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.