VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a set of gold plus pads for all three calipers on my xct and when I spoke to them the lady from Lyndal mentioned “we’re thinking of discontinuing those pads”. If you’re a gold plus fan for your victory please call the Lyndal factory direct 1-800-400-9490 and plead for them NOT to discontinue the gold plus pads, we need all the support we can keep. I know the golds are expensive ( around $200 usd for 3 sets of pads ) but they will last many many many miles / years and not chew up the rotor so they are actually cheaper in the end after everything’s taken into consideration. Please call to voice our want for these fantastic brake pads 1-800-400-9490

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I had ordered a set of gold plus pads for all three calipers on my xct and when I spoke to them the lady from Lyndal mentioned "we're thinking of discontinuing those pads". If you're a gold plus fan for your victory please call the Lyndal factory direct 1-800-400-9490 and plead for them NOT to discontinue the gold plus pads, we need all the support we can keep. I know the golds are expensive ( around $200 usd for 3 sets of pads ) but they will last many many many miles / years and not chew up the rotor so they are actually cheaper in the end after everything's taken into consideration. Please call to voice our want for these fantastic brake pads 1-800-400-9490
Thx for the info Brad. Did they state a reason why? Presuming this means if they do stop them, they will keep producing the Z-Plus?

glad I just got the Golds for my Vision. Love them and looking forward to many miles of quiet and great stopping power.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they state a reason why? Presuming this means if they do stop them, they will keep producing the Z-Plus?
She didn't say the "why" they may possibly be discontinuing them or if they would continue making the Z or Extreme rated pads but I hope they keep at least one lydal option for us. The extremes are for racing and would not be a viable option for the street due to the lack of heat needed for optimum braking force unless your leather jacket says Ohara on the back.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I just put a front and rear sets of these on 2 weeks ago. I do like them but are surprisingly a bit squeaky. I bought them 1 or 2 years ago.
Squeaky? First I've heard of this. Did you clean the pistons and backing plates?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Quick rub down with a clean rag, cleaned pin, and put a small amount of grease on the o-ring. Im thinking they are burnishing into the rotor causing this squeek. It's not terrible so I just keep riding.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Quick rub down with a clean rag, cleaned pin, and put a small amount of grease on the o-ring. Im thinking they are burnishing into the rotor causing this squeek. It's not terrible so I just keep riding.
Yeah, they could be settling in, but mine didn't do that. Just good right out of the box. Instructions even stated no break in period needed.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sh1t. Sounds like another purchase to hold one for future use. Thanks @Bikesofbrads !

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Massive upgrade in breaking performance, even when fully loaded these gold plus pads will stop all 1350 pounds of victory glory very quickly without squeal, fade or dusting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts