VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this? Just got my 08 Kingpin little over a month ago and I'm going to change the oil so I know when it was done. I've read a lot about all these additives being bad. Especially for the wet clutch. However, this says it's just a petroleum product. Mine does have 40,000 miles on it so if it added extra protection, okay. But, I don't want to screw anything up. Opinions?
Liquid Product Bottle Fluid Font

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I would not add any oil additives. Only oil that should go in our bikes need to be JASO MA/MA2 compatible. With a single system like we have you are best to just stick with regular oil changes and not worry about it.
Also, Vics are quite strong, don’t even “break in” until about 20k miles and can and do go well past 100k without anything but gas, tires & oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not add any oil additives. Only oil that should go in our bikes need to be JASO MA/MA2 compatible. With a single system like we have you are best to just stick with regular oil changes and not worry about it.
Also, Vics are quite strong, don’t even “break in” until about 20k miles and can and do go well past 100k without anything but gas, tires & oil.
Thank you. I'm ordering the victory oil change kit. And just wasn't sure about the additives. I know most of them are garbage.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
I have been getting the Victory oil kits, but lately have sourced the Spectro Gold 10W40 semi and find it to be a bit cheaper. Haven't used it yet, but do have a "store" of oil and filters. I don't need the kits because I have a good supply of crush washers from the time when people were dumping Vic parts. The Spectro is (according to our resident expert) a superior oil and I have no reason to believe other wise. So you might consider that route if you wish to save a few dollars. That's what I did.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have been getting the Victory oil kits, but lately have sourced the Spectro Gold 10W40 semi and find it to be a bit cheaper. Haven't used it yet, but do have a "store" of oil and filters. I don't need the kits because I have a good supply of crush washers from the time when people were dumping Vic parts. The Spectro is (according to our resident expert) a superior oil and I have no reason to believe other wise. So you might consider that route if you wish to save a few dollars. That's what I did.
I use the 12mm id Honda crush washers which are aluminum with no issues.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Noe gets Spectro in bulk. Will sell cheap if you supply a container. If I was 12 miles away like some lucky clowns, that's where I'd be going.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
The only protection you need is a condom on your dick. Otherwise, don't add anything to the oil. But add fuel stabilizer if parking the bike for several months.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yeah I forgot about that. I sympathize with those situations down there. It was honestly another reason we took a pass on it. I hope everyone gets thru it safely
My sister lives just a few miles north of Slickvic, and I talked to her last night. She said the Treasure Coast area is expecting 40 mph winds and maybe 5 inches of rain. She is not worried. Here in this part of Ohio starting soon we see 40 mph winds sometimes 3 times per week ( past 2 or 3 years have been exceptional if you like high winds - I do not ) and not living in the city, nothing slows it down. Slick should be just fine, unless of course the hurricane decided to change and blast across the southern part like Charlie did in the first decade.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
My sister lives just a few miles north of Slickvic, and I talked to her last night. She said the Treasure Coast area is expecting 40 mph winds and maybe 5 inches of rain. She is not worried. Here in this part of Ohio starting soon we see 40 mph winds sometimes 3 times per week ( past 2 or 3 years have been exceptional if you like high winds - I do not ) and not living in the city, nothing slows it down. Slick should be just fine, unless of course the hurricane decided to change and blast across the southern part like Charlie did in the first decade.
Oh 40 mph winds sounds like a typical Chicago day lol

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Not to worry. I’m on the good side of the storm. Have family over from Tampa till the coast is clear so hoping they get back to no damage and we can all get back to the regular day by day. Had a lot happening lately with family. A wedding proposal on the same day as a sudden death announcement. The will stop you in your tracks real quick.

Regarding oil stabilizer……? If your oils that good …… why do you need it ?

Pick good Jaso ma/ ma2 wet clutch oil and change often. 3k should keep you running clean. I like Spectro. I like Amsoil, I like Castrol.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
@slickvic Stay safe holmie, we’ll be sending wishful thoughts n prayers for all those down that way

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Not to worry. I’m on the good side of the storm. Have family over from Tampa till the coast is clear so hoping they get back to no damage and we can all get back to the regular day by day. Had a lot happening lately with family. A wedding proposal on the same day as a sudden death announcement. The will stop you in your tracks real quick.

Regarding oil stabilizer……? If your oils that good …… why do you need it ?

Pick good Jaso ma/ ma2 wet clutch oil and change often. 3k should keep you running clean. I like Spectro. I like Amsoil, I like Castrol.
Have a party. My sister is also bringing in our nephews and nieces and their families from Orlando area and Lakeland ( Winter home of the Detroit Tigers ). Sent pics last night and they were already popping beers.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
This is not going to be a forgiving storm. The west coast of Florida in the Ft Meyers area and just north (Captiva) will be changed for ever. We pray for the safety of those that are trying to ride this thing out.

Reactions: NY mike

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts