VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, the cross dressers and Vision share common components for the rear shock and shock link rod. You can order an adjustable link from Offroad Express in Erie, PA. Their quality is top notch. I have one on my Vision and love it. You can adjust it from stock to two inches lower or anywhere in between. Best of all, it's only $150....

·
Vendor
1,410 Posts
I offer a 1" drop link... we are also offering 10% off to all members if you purchase it between 11/30/2010 to 12/31/2010. http://www.hmd520.com/

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im kinda getting curious about this. With the rear end lowered, is something supposed to be done with the forks? Is this install something that a shade tree mechanic such as myself can do?

·
Vendor
1,410 Posts
The lowering of the front is a little more trickier than the vision. The front forks have grooves cut in them where they mount to the triple tree. In order to slide the forks you would need to recut the groove. They do make a lowering spring for the Kingpin. Im not sure if this is the same application... but it appears to be.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Im still trying to figure out if the rear is lowered, do the forks need to be lowered on the CR. Will an inch drop on the rear even be noticed compared to the front? AND is this something that can be done in my garage? What needs to be done in orded to do the install? Maybe hmd520 could shed some light??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.