VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lowered my 2009 jackpot with a Arlen Ness rearlowering kitand when we ride two up the drive belt rubs on the front pully cover.Doesanyone no howi canfix this. ?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I believe you have to notch it out. I think I read this on the VMC. Another option would be to mount and open cover that you can buy from Witchdoctors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know exactly what your going through, I have an 07 JP and lowered it also. I tried to notch the front pulley cover, but all it did was make a mess of the cover (by this I mean that I had to keep trimming the cover to keep the belt from rubbing and ground the max amount that I could, and the belt still rubbed). I designed an open style pulley cover to eliminate the possibility of thebelt touching any thing, alsoremove the belt guard on top of theswing arm, if it's not rubbing now, it will soon. I'll take a picture of the cover I madetonight and post it for you. It was not hard to make and cost me approx $200(material, fab time,and chrome). Plus the new cover look great I get a lot of complements on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.