VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lowered a Vision yet? I thought I heard that there was a link or something that could be flipped. Is this true or is my helmet maybe too tight?
Thanks to anyone that can clear this up for me.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I think your helmet is a little tight as far as the idea of "flipping a link" but they can, and have been lowered with positive results. I know the guys out here at AZ Victory have done several and the look and ride are getting positive reviews.....as long as you dont mind giving up a little cushion for carving.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was at the Arlen Ness dealership about a month ago. They showed me a lowered Vision. They had to cut in to the side bags to make room to lower the bike. They then made a custom cover. So you will loose some space in the bags although not a lot. They said you do not loose any travel in your suspension though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just asI thought, and I really liked that helmet lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Not enough room for a super size meal in em as it is without cutting into em.
Why not just use the vision 8Ball setup for links and then slide the forks up in the tree's about 5/8 "
Bags are the same inside on the 8Ball edition.
interesting though.....
BreadmanRo said:
I was at the Arlen Ness dealership about a month ago. They showed me a lowered Vision. They had to cut in to the side bags to make room to lower the bike. They then made a custom cover. So you will loose some space in the bags although not a lot. They said you do not loose any travel in your suspension though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Having just lowered a Vision recently, I can say, without a doubt you will need the Ness saddlebag inserts OR buy the 8-Ball shock. The 8-Ball shock will not allow the swingarm and pulley to hit the bags. Not sure if the 8-Ball shock has special dampening or an internal stop. It is a different part number than the other models. We lowered the vision 1 inch from stock and cracked the saddlebags (inside) on both sides during a series of test rides... You have to do something to protect the bags, either the Ness inserts or the 8-Ball shock. Just the link and your lookin' for trouble. I guess you could pump the stock shock up to about 50-60lbs but the bike would ride like a bucking bronco...

We now have the Ness inserts on order through Arizona Vic. For some reason Ness will not sell the inserts to Joe Q. Public...

BTW, Offroad Express Victory makes the sweetest lowering link. It's fully adjustable from stock to 2 inches lower. OffRoad Express Erie Pa, phone # (814)825-4747 ask for Brian. $150 plus shipping...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Arlen Ness lowered my 09 Ness. Replaced bag backing. Sure, I lost a tiny bit of space but gained a hot looking and better riding bike with no loss in suspension. Heartily recommend it.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Not trying to bee a smart a*#, but would it be easier to get some boots that have a 1 inch heel? If it's the look, is 1 inch enough?

·
Registered
9 Posts

I had the 8 Ball shock put it since it was recommended by my guys at the dealership. As mentioned above the Ness option is more than meets the eye.
8 Ball Shock is GREAT. Only problem is the side stand gets tricky with 2 up you need to lean right to set the stand. Or eject the passenger ;).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.