VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 05 vegas and it was lowered by the previous owner, and I was wanting to find out by how much. Has anyone measured from the ground to the rear fender? If so, some dimensions would be helpful. Also is there an easy way to see if the shock had been adjusted? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Do you not like it? It's lowered 1-2.5 inches. Maybe a tad more with the preload.Hard to measure another bike because of the way they might have the preload set. If you don't need the bike loweredI am sure someone might have the stock bracket. I am not a fan of lowering the bike unless it lowered with a new shock, these are fairly expensive. Lowering makes them look nice, but there must be an engineering reason they set them up from the factory that way.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Vegas,
Are you talking about the bike in the photo's in your gallery? If so, it looks like it sits higher then my Vegas Low, so I would say that they probably used a 1" lowering kit. Just measuring your seat height should give you an idea.
Don

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the bike in the pic is the one I am refering to. I like it, I just want to know what all has been done to the bike for my personal knowledge. I have the original links and I couldnt really tell any difference between them, so I was just wondering. thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.