VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions besides the Vic parts? I think they're like $300+ US.
I read the Victory magazine I'm now getting and the writer couldn't say enough about the improvement.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
You can adapt the Memphis Shades parts using the fork tube diameter, I think it's 59mm. Kewlmetal has some either out or coming out as well. Both are less than half the price of the Vic part.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
bought the Memphis shade mounts. Used Lexan and a template a VMC member
made up. They're nice, price was $50 for me since I have access to lots of left over lexan. I still need to clean up the edges a bit but these work great.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those look great! Nice work, redpin!

Has anybody heard anything about soft lowers for the XC? I was hoping they'd be part of the 2011 accessories, but I can't find anything.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Hobb said:
Those look great! Nice work, redpin!

Has anybody heard anything about soft lowers for the XC? I was hoping they'd be part of the 2011 accessories, but I can't find anything.
once again I didn't make the design just copied someone else's template.

anyhow there are closeouts available for the engine guards. They work great but I wouldn't use them on warm days.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i ordered through my dealer. You need the part MEM9890 from Memphis Shades. The rest you need to procure yourself with plexiglas or lexan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the soft lowers from my dealer and they stop all the wind,on a rain day your feet and pants stay dry, great investment. Only problem is a little scuffing on the polished bars.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Gord said:
I bought the soft lowers from my dealer and they stop all the wind,on a rain day your feet and pants stay dry, great investment. Only problem is a little scuffing on the polished bars.
Do You have a part number. I have looked on the Victory site but can't fine them. They show them for the KP/Vegas and XR bikes but not the XC bike.

Maybe I am just not looking hard enough.

Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
OK Never mind I found them. Only took me three minutes after I looked pretty much all of the last three days. Go figure they are in the windshield section , and don't come up when doing a search using lowers cause calls them close outs. Tomato, Tamato. LMAO

Online parts link Highway bar close outs
Part number 2878108

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
those are a good 99 investment. Take a few tries to learn how to put them on but once you learn you'll learn to love them.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I went with theVic lowers... along with an 11" Cee Bailey windshield, and I no longer have any buffetting going on, not to mention, I love the look of both.
I also had installed kewl metal driving lamps on the engine guards... which work and look fantastic... although it pretty much takes away the opportunity to put on soft lowers for those colder/rainy days I think... as the peak on the driving lamps sticks out beyond the engine guard.

·
Registered
463 Posts

I just rode a 2010 XC from m&M motorsports in Kelowna BC last week!
First off, a great dealership and great folks there.
gave me a 2010 demo to try out with Cee Bailey taller shield (11")and victory lowers. looks good but at 5"10 the wind was killer. I like abit like on my SG but this was too much.
I had a headache after 10 minutes on the hiway with it...I was almost prepared to consider the sweet 2011 in black on the floor....think Iwill stick to the vision.
But, I wonder if the wider, memphis shades lowers would help? You can by the mounts at www.denniskirk.com
CC4ME said:
Any suggestions besides the Vic parts? I think they're like $300+ US.
I read the Victory magazine I'm now getting and the writer couldn't say enough about the improvement.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am also 5'10", I went with a 13" Cee Baileys and it works perfect for me. I also have the Vic lower deflectors. I have virtually no buffeting at all anymore. Before you give up on it, try it with a taller windscreen. The 11" probably isnt enough. I can still see over the top of mine without an issue

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

Some folks are wandering over to the Kawasaki tent and making a template of the lowers on a Nomad. (or look at a brochure from Vic or Kawa and make some sort of copy...) Then, just get what mount suits you, like Memphis Shade or whoever, cut your own lexan or plastic, and do it.
The neat thing about making your own is you can modify them to do what you want. Start out with cardboard or whatever and try it out. I have made probably 8 or 9 different sets for myself and folks and it really is pretty inexpensive.
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hobb said:
Thanks, Reddog, I couldn't find them either! I'm still trying to decide which route to go.
NP Hobb,

I am in the same boat. I heard they are coming out with hard close outs for the XC so I am thinking on waiting to see what they will be like and the cost. $100us is still a good price for the leather close outs. Either way I will need something soon as the fall weather is just around the corner.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.