VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a set of Hackerpipes "zoomies" when they get here in about a week. So I decided to pull the OEM exhaust off today. I realized there is an extra length of frame that extends out toward the rear wheel that will serve no purpose once my new exhaust is mounted. I am thinking about just hacking it off. Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a less "invasive" or permanent solution than my plan? This bike is becoming a Victory "bobber" of sorts rather quickly so the sawzall isn't a horribly obtrusive endeavor on this bike but...the "what if's" of someday maybe going back to stock get me thinking...nah...probably not...

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Hi AKVagasMonster
When I had my Swept Exhaust installed a frame member was cut, if this piece unbolts from the main frame they cut it off about 8" from the outer end. This piece has2 holes with nuts welded on the outer end. A part# should be available for this part since it unbolts from the main frame, it could be replacedif ever damaged in an accident.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.