VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Lloydz install LSC cams last fall - they were recommended by the Dealer (Rollin Fast in Lebanon NJ - big props for great advice and service). They said they've had great results with LSC and Tri-Ovals with baffles removed. That fit the bill for me... ('14 XR w/timing gear, PCV, Tri-Ovals, Lloydz AC).

Tri-Ovals w/out baffles are louder, but not not bad. Bike definitely pulls harder (TQ) and I like the upgrade. Next step big bore? From what I've read I might have to go with different cams?

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope

·
Registered
45 Posts
Numbers can be exaggerated on dynos. I just had VM-1 Cams, torque tube intake, ground pounders exhaust and 31 tooth front underdrive pulley installed at the VIC SHOP this Monday. HIS DYNO said 117/117. Took it to Brandt's Harley Davidson in Wabash Indiana where I had a Dyno run before I added anything, and it was 87/107. Had them Dyno it today in almost EXACT conditions as the first run and it was 110/107. That's about 5% difference on horsepower. Just saying. Either way the bike runs PHENOMENAL!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure about the smoothing... and I know all dyno's are different based on lots of factors, but I saw sheets from Lloydz with various pipe and cam combos and this combo was what was recommended for me. I look at it against other bikes done on Lloydz dyno (the only fair comparison) - and I'm very happy with the results!

Reactions: recumbentbob

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Numbers can be exaggerated on dynos. I just had VM-1 Cams, torque tube intake, ground pounders exhaust and 31 tooth front underdrive pulley installed at the VIC SHOP this Monday. HIS DYNO said 117/117. Took it to Brandt's Harley Davidson in Wabash Indiana where I had a Dyno run before I added anything, and it was 87/107. Had them Dyno it today in almost EXACT conditions as the first run and it was 110/107. That's about 5% difference on horsepower. Just saying. Either way the bike runs PHENOMENAL!!!
From what I've read about DYNO readings they can change just with weather on same dyno next day and can't compare dyno to dyno because all different. I don't care that much about seeing HP/TQ numbers per say...maybe to show wife why spent money...I want the dyno info readings for the mechanic to read and get set up right, they do allot of adjustments before printing out the chart. NOT saying reading them for info provided by the "lines"...just saying for me I like my BUTT DYNO when done...faster...feel the torque...was it worth the money? NO chart comes out of ass though:badgrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.