VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013 Victory Vision Tour. Love the bike. Its been awesome since brand new, but this past week intended to take a ride, and though it turned over, no joy (as in: didnt start). I noticed the fuel pump did not cycle as it normally does before starting, hence thinking this to be the culprit.
As a result, Ive done all I know to do (e.g.: tested associated relays [including the turn signal relay as was advised in a previous blog], checked the fuses, checked all connectors and wiring, and troubleshot the harness). Ive stripped the bike down for ease of access to the fuel pump at this point. Despite all this, still cant find the issue, and hence, bike still not running.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ! Im at a loss, and at this point at the mercy of the dreaded dealer. I have an extended mfr. warranty, but there seems to be some question whether this is a covered issue (to including troubleshooting at their end) as well.
Any ideas, thoughts, other would be greatly appreciated.
As an aside; there is gas in the tank (it was ridden the week earlier).
Thanks, rdgoods

·
Registered
820 Posts
Only cuz I didn't see it. Battery? It may show ok on gauge but may lack amps to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey MOBEAR66 ! Thanks for your quick response !
So, I did indeed test the battery: 13.04 v. without load, ~11.2 v. under load (when trying to start). Another curious thing: my turn signals dont work either. I read that there is some association between these and the fuel pump. Seems bizarre, but plausible.
Now, the bike has the center bridge console and instrument cluser removed, along with nearly all the body work up front, though I do reconnect these when testing things just in case of system dependency. Still, no joy. Do my battery numbers sound healthy ? Any other thoughts/ideas are most appreciated !

·
Registered
820 Posts
The 11.2 maybe a touch low but not enough to keep it from starting. I know i lugged my cc into starting right about 11 before. Another option might be the regulator/rectifier or even a faulty kill switch. Somewhere current is not getting to where you need it. Have you tried to unplug negative for a minute or so abd letting ecu reset. I had that problem before too. Bike laughed at the thought of turning over or even trying too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I added some LED brake and turn signals and thought I had blown my 13 up. Not sure who bumped my kill switch because I never use it. Turning back on fixed my turn signals and fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your helpful responses !
Ive tried everything recommended and still nuthin' but cranking, no start. Even if the plugs were bad, Id still get the fuel pump to prime, which it does not. Let me ask: Ive stripped the bike down quite a ways to include the center console and the instrument cluster. I even plugged these back in, and still,nuthin' ! What the heck am I missing ? The relays tested good to these components, but could they still be bad even though I get an output ? Any other thoughts ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well folks, Im at the limit of my capabilities, thus have to concede to the service department at the dealer, and their technical abilities. So, Ill let you know,how that goes and what they find.
Again, all my thanks for your most considerate efforts to try to help ! All ya'all are GREAT !
Regards, rdgoods

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Turn signal flasher or battery.

I had left the key on my Vegas and killed the battery. I put a 2amp charge on it. Showed 12+ on my digital test light. Headlight lit and fuel pump ran constant. No turn signals, taillight, horn and the starter spun but the engine didn't.

Put my old analog load tester on the battery and it showed ZERO volts. Digital still read 12.

Disconnected the battery and hooked up my antigravity jump box and everything worked and it started on just the jump pack.

So the 09 OEM battery failed my third battery test. It handled key on for a meal but not over night. Go figure

Ran down to Sears and got a new battery.
All better...

·
Registered
17,971 Posts
I had issues with a Battery that gave the same symptoms. Replaced the Battery and off to the races. It would start after a charge, once...

How old is that Battery and it is showing 13 volts sitting there? You say it is turning over?

Hmmm... Fuel pressure test is in order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.