VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Ness Big Honkers off last weekend and put my stock muffs back on. I liked the sound but the volume was really too much for day long trips. Have to admit that the stocks stifled my performance a little. Probably will put them back on if for no other reason than that. Where do I get access to the Ragin Cajun muffs? I cant find them anywhere. My son took the Vic down the road and turned around a mile from the house. I could plainly hear him. You really need ear plugs to save you hearing even with helmets on.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My son took the Vic down the road and turned around a mile from the house. I could plainly hear him. You really need ear plugs to save you hearing even with helmets on.
I will never understand the need for obnoxiously loud pipes.
If you need ear plugs to save your hearing imagine how it sounds to the everyday non riding citizen.
This is the main reason people who do not ride hate motorcycles.
Loud pipes do not save lives, loud horns and learning to ride saves lives.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I said this in another thread a while ago. Loud pipes are FUN. For me, the fun lasts about 5 minutes, then starts to get annoying.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Topcat, you have a point there. I don't personally know of anyone that hates Motorcycles just because of their volume. I'm from the muscle car generation and have always changed the exhaust on all of my toys. Why? Performance, but just as important to me Sound. Love the rumble of horse power. That's why I'm looking around for another choice. My Honkers are just too loud at times.

Reactions: ksievers

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
You're welcome. The concept is the same, but the details on how to do it on this particular site is a bit different than most.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
838 Posts
Topcat, you have a point there. I don't personally know of anyone that hates Motorcycles just because of their volume. .
Well they are not going to flag you down on the road and say, "Hey Dude, I hate the pipes on your motorcycle they are way to loud. I'm going to speak to the town board and see what can be done to ban motorcycles "
But that is what some are thinking.
Don't get me wrong, I like a little rumble, just not the window rattling , obnoxiously loud.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Well they are not going to flag you down on the road and say, "Hey Dude, I hate the pipes on your motorcycle they are way to loud. I'm going to speak to the town board and see what can be done to ban motorcycles "
Some people actually might, though.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I have Honkers on the wife’s Magnum. Her choice. Don’t think their loud at all. Compared to my friends V&H on his XC. His are louder. I have wrapped D&D mufflers. 7 years now and they still sound great.
Can the Honker baffles be pulled and possibly wrapped ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I will never understand the need for obnoxiously loud pipes.
If you need ear plugs to save your hearing imagine how it sounds to the everyday non riding citizen.
This is the main reason people who do not ride hate motorcycles.
Loud pipes do not save lives, loud horns and learning to ride saves lives.
I am with you here man! Some of the pipes on the market are close to straight pipes. What I like are pipes that have a mellow rumble at low RPMS and during no acceleration. During acceleration I like a louder raspy sound if you know what I mean. I also like this type of exhaust on a car. I had a 65 Vett with what they called "off street service" exhaust which also sounded much as I described.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
For what OP wants he needs not look any further than CCLA’s mufflers. I like the deep N throaty ones.
Wished I got them stead of the Honkers.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Witchdoctors pipes are awesome. $350. Gains in hp backed by dyno testing.
I loved mine. Nice sound. Not too loud when cruising.

I kept the stock pipes on my Vision. The real hp gains come from intake mods.
Nice to be able to hear!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.