VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I good friend of mine and fellow high school classmate was killed in a car accident on Tuesday night.I just had to share.
He was an EMT with our local fire and rescue. He was off duty and traveling home from Amarillo, Texas when a semi crossed into his lane and hit him head on killing him instantly.
Our local ambulance that he worked for was transporting a patient to Amarillo, Texas and was behind the semi that hit him and killed him. So the first people on the scene were his best friends and co-workers.
Also, The day he died, he updated his myspace page and added a quotejust before he headed out to Amarillo to do some shopping. The quote reads,
"At my journeys end, many things I will have accomplished and gained, but upon my last agonal breath, my only hope and Final purpose of existence is to have Achieved a LOVE that will OUTLAST Death." - David Tufte

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Im sorry for your loss of a good friend.
I hate to be the one to say this but i think some like me will think this.
Based on his last update the day he died on his myspace page, Was it indeed the semi that changed lanes?
Im sorry to ask this but it is very ironic , his final words.
Godspeed to him.
And my sympathy's to family and friends.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Sorry for you and your community's loss.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes, it is very obvious from the accident scene that the impact took place in his lane and not the semi's lane. My friend was traveling West and the semi was traveling East. The impact was on the North edge of the West lane, so it was obvious that the truck crossed over into my friends lane and he was trying to get out of the way but could not. That road is a narrow two lane road with no shoulder.
As his friend, thefuneral director andalso a New Mexico Deputy Medical Investigator, even though the accident occured about 75 miles from Clayton and in Texas, I went to the accident scene to look at it myself.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
This is very sad and I'm sorry for your loss. Good friends are what make us who we are and I'm sure he had an impact on the direction of your life. My condolences to you and his family.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for him and his family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.