VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my Vision this weekend for about 20 mins when all of a sudden the Battery light kicked on and I watched as my voltage went from 14+ to 0 in about a quarter mile as I tried to find a pull off spot. I managed to get someone to jump start the bike again but it would start to lose voltage is the bike was running under 3ish K RPM. Has anyone else had something like this happen and If so what was the root cause so I can attempt to fix this and get back on the road.

Thanks for any/all help in advance.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Was on my Vision this weekend for about 20 mins when all of a sudden the Battery light kicked on and I watched as my voltage went from 14+ to 0 in about a quarter mile as I tried to find a pull off spot. I managed to get someone to jump start the bike again but it would start to lose voltage is the bike was running under 3ish K RPM. Has anyone else had something like this happen and If so what was the root cause so I can attempt to fix this and get back on the road.

Thanks for any/all help in advance.
1. Clean and tighten battery connector
2- tap on 40 amp breaker? Goes bad allot.
3-get battery tested. Just putting a Volt meter not good enough.
4-Voltage regulator shot if all this fails.
5-A faulty kill switch can cause this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As fast as it died I would suspect Battery. My experience is if the voltage regulator goes bad, it dies closed which will boil your battery. Dirty terminals usually show themselves when cranking. Never experienced kill switch failure. Again, this is my experience. Which amounts to a hill of beans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help with this guys. So I replace the regulator and still had the same problem....no big deal (now I have a spare regulator)...Then took the battery off and had it tested and it was only pulling 8.5v under load....got a new one and installed and boom...everything works great...got everything back together and only have one bold that goes to a body panel that I cant find where it goes back to...So Ill call it a win.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Crazy, you said: "2- tap on 40 amp breaker? Goes bad allot. " Where is that located? Just curious, so I know.

TIA,
Smokier

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2009 Vision was about a year old when similar stuff started to happen. I killed two batteries before replacing the voltage regulator and correcting the problem. The dealer absorbed the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.