VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed underdrive pulley and belt is loose with wheel back as far as it will go. Is there a shorter belt that will work or any other fix. Thanks

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Few months ago i posted this info, so hopefully it will help you

I wanted to install the rear pulley on the new rear rim, all fitted well, but with the HarleyDavidson belt the gap between the swing arm and tire was just too small, see picture 1 there you can see the last tire rubbing and deflection about 10 mm, so too tight....
Soooo off goes the HD belt and dig up the victory belt, @$:)#'! The swing arm slothole the Axel went to the end of the slothole.... finished, no more room..... and deflection about 20 my, so too loose ....

My my what a SAGA, but I have a solution.... I will make the slothole longer, 4 mm to be exact, i have all the tools....
And see picture number 2 & 3 a perfect job if you ask me, now let's install the rear rim shall we?

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Helmet Automotive lighting Drinkware Orange Art
Automotive lighting Orange Automotive design Helmet Bumper
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Yes there is a short belt for the steel frame Vic with the UD pulley @Half_Crazy has posted the info a few times. It's probably in his signature.
HC info was as followed ...
Buell 1125R is 2 teeth shorter. . Part #
G0500.1AMG

[email protected]@-

OP, you have a narrow tire, so with the Buell belt, your tire would NEVER rub the swing arm ....

Just thought of this ... Sorry forgot

Also member @BBob made a list of all the belts for victory, it was interesting to read ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.