VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2013 vision tour and want to pep up the engine. I drive 20-120mph type guy never hard off the line. I am looking for nice linear power delivery, reliability (gas and go) and a "old muscle car rumble" sound not too loud. I got a recommendation of a lloyds vm1 Maximus tune and top neck filter with a stealth gonzo exhaust. I would love to hear what your running. And if you could do it all over again I would..... my goal is to take it in 1 time do it right and be done with it. I have no problem swapping a little power for better reliability and drivability. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Where do you live? If you are close enough to one of the pros, call and set a appointment with them and get expert advise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you live? If you are close enough to one of the pros, call and set a appointment with them and get expert advise.
Sometimes the pros will sell you the products they sell. Talking to someone who drives it every day usually has a better perspective on whether or not it works in the street. I had a corvette that was a dyno king with great numbers but trying to drive it and keep it on the street was an issue.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Rylan at The Vic Shop rides a Vision and does excellent work.
I would listen to what he tells you.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Sometimes the pros will sell you the products they sell.
I don't think that's the case with THE Vic pros that are being referenced. There's only 4 of them. Find the one closest to you and take their advice, you will not be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Sometimes the pros will sell you the products they sell. Talking to someone who drives it every day usually has a better perspective on whether or not it works in the street. I had a corvette that was a dyno king with great numbers but trying to drive it and keep it on the street was an issue.
You won't have that issue with The Vic Shop or Lloydz.

Everybody I've seen go to them has left happy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rylan the owner of The Vic Shop has a vision that rides daily in the summer and hes running 112 horse. He is one of the best to deal with. Very reasonable prices
I'm in Georgia that would be a hike. My job keeps me super busy starting in March. If I'm gonna pull the trigger I want it done in the next 30-45 days

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'm in Georgia that would be a hike. My job keeps me super busy starting in March. If I'm gonna pull the trigger I want it done in the next 30-45 days
Kevin X, Southern Motorworx. He is in Fla. Again call and talk to him. He has many smiles per mile.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Reactions: Red pearl2016cct

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Best time to call him is 9-9:30....you'll actually get HIM....no one saying he's busy and will call back. Both my bikes done by him and no one touches my motors but him. Not only a great mechanic.... a FRIEND. Tell him what you want, and he'll tell you what you need. Heading down to Florida next month, already talked to him for a good "go over" on my CC...48,000 FAST, DEPENDABLE and CAREFREE miles:dance: "YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID":clap:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best time to call him is 9-9:30....you'll actually get HIM....no one saying he's busy and will call back. Both my bikes done by him and no one touches my motors but him. Not only a great mechanic.... a FRIEND. Tell him what you want, and he'll tell you what you need. Heading down to Florida next month, already talked to him for a good "go over" on my CC...48,000 FAST, DEPENDABLE and CAREFREE miles:dance: "YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID":clap:
Put a call into Kevin waiting to here back

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Your gonna hear that these bikes can have their horse power increased significantly and not effect their reliability. Believe it!
These engines are the stuff dreams are made of when your talking reliability and performance.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you havent purchased a nice exhause yet and an air filter that allows the ebgine to breath, you should atart there.

Since warranty isn't a thing anymore (well, maybe a few), may as well do a cam install yourself and save your money for the duel tuner!

Cough cough Maximus cough cough 801 motorworx remote tune cough cough

·
Registered
12,824 Posts
Kevin is the best choice for you. He’s an excellent Victory tuner. Your choices for components are all good ones. As you can see by my signature I have a good performance package on a stock motor. This is over 6 yrs now and 30000 trouble free miles. When it comes to Victory our best tuners and mechanics are :
Lloyds / New York
Kyle KMC Performance /Rhode Island.
Kevin Cross Southern Cross motor works / Florida
Rylan Voss / The Vic Shop
Scott Conquest customs / Boca Florida.

This ain’t Harley brother where everyone and their mother thinks they know something better than some one else.
These Vic guys above are all tight and dance to the beat of the same drum.

Reactions: StevenB

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Any on the West Coast?
Find 4 other Victory riders out there looking for cams, get a hold of KevinX and have a cam party. No steel frame bikes

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Find 4 other Victory riders out there looking for cams, get a hold of KevinX and have a cam party. No steel frame bikes
I heard rumors that Kevin may be setting up a satellite shop in Prescott, AZ, but haven't seen it happen yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.