VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks in the Kingpin world. I am a novice rider with about six months experience on a old Honda Shadow 750. I am age 40, 6'2" 195lbs. I came a across a great looking 2004 KP with 20k miles. Did research the specs and I am aware of the 5 speeds and the smaller motor. Fine with me, thiswill bemy firstcruiser used mostly in town with some light highway cruising. The dealer does not have any history on the bike other than it was a trade in a few months ago. By appearance the bike looks great. Not rust or any major wear on the seats or pedals. I took a great liking in this bike. CAN ANYONE tell me if there are any issues of the 2004 KP I should look into.
Are there any cons regarding owning a bike like this. I have read many topics and forums on this site. Looks like the Victory community is strong and satisfied with their Victory bikes. I wish to buy American, yet don't have the budget for a HD. This particular KP is at the price of a crapy Sportster HD. Look fwd to all of your replys and knowledge. Thanks again for a great site at the VOG.
CaptGP

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I had an 04 Kingpin that in 4 years I put on just over 50,000 miles. Selling it was probably one of the biggest mistakes I made.

If you can get a deal you feel good about it, buy it and enjoy it. The 'smaller motors' are strong as well and you're not missing much versus the newer larger motors.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Like they said, you only miss out on the overdrive 6th gear.

Its a very strong motor and transmission, should give you no trouble.

Don't look at it as something to buy as you can't afford a HD. Short of the CVO and the V-rods that Kingpin will out perform about any HD you come across.

Buy it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanx Satxron, Your right. I did not mean to de-value the KP. I did read many reviews on how the KP kicked ass on their competition. What I meant to deliver was that the KP had so many great stock features. The bike has more of a custom look. Great turn key bike. Believe the KP I am talking of is a tour model. Has windshields, saddlebags, trunk, and sissy bar. Most of the stock features would be considered custom options of a HD.
I do appreaciate the american craftmanship of HD and its history in America. BUT, I dislike the attitude and wanna-be culture most HD bikers have. In South Florida we have a lot of executive yuppies who buy HD and some leathers, then act like weekend Outlaws. Kind of sad to see sometimes.
My choice for a Victory is for the value, performance, and American quailty. Most of all they look awesome right off the factory line. I noticed HD dealers throw a few grand of chrome on their bikes to squeeze more money out of you. HD's are pricey due to add -ons, not for their true value. Well that's my two cents on that. Thanx again and good luck to all of the Kingpinners on here. Going to take a fourth look at the bike again and make a deal.
Capt. GP
ps. What does CVO stand for. Sorry dude I am novice on this biker stuff.

·
Registered
73 Posts
CVO is Harley's Custom Vehicle Operations. They are the factory "customs" if you will. Larger motors (110 ci in recent years) plus loads of extra chrome and fancy paint...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
atom12 said:
CVO is Harley's Custom Vehicle Operations. They are the factory "customs" if you will. Larger motors (110 ci in recent years) plus loads of extra chrome and fancy paint...
you forgot to mention the $10,000 price premium on the CVO models.

Some of them do like very nice but at the price range, I'd rather buy stock and go nuts with the 10g in the way I wanted to.

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
234 Posts
I own a 2004 KP and the 92CI has bigger values and higher compression than the 100 CI motors. I love my KP and see no reason to buy another, unless I were to go with a Vision or XRoads.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
KP = bullet proof while other bikes sit and wait for repairs....the kp is out there chewin' up the concrete and asphalt

Reactions: normthenomad

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
05 KP, 40k on the clock and it runs better than new!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
I saw an '07 Kingpin on Cycle Trader with 18K miles for $5,499... http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2007-Victory-Kingpin-97713739 100" / six speed, pearl white and graphite 2-tone. That's a hell of deal if it looks as good as the pictures. You can ship it home for $500.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.