VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to add factory cruise control to my 2016 Cross Country. I intend to buy the module and switch off of a wrecked bike and put it over to mine. Has anyone out there done this with much success? If so does anyone have any installation instructions or some tips? Looking at the kit that Victory used to have available, it came with another throttle cable. Is this necessary for adding cruise?

· Registered
61 Posts
I did it on my 2014 CR. Module is a bit of a ***** to get into place but it can be done WITHOUT removing the rear tire. Watch the video this video to see where the bracket is located, and how to remove it.

Here is how to remove the lowering link to make it possible to get module into place. You only have to take out lowering link.

I didn't end up using the throttle cable and it works fine. If you have anymore questions let me know.

· Registered
7,005 Posts
The throttle cable has an electronic switch to shut the cruise off if the throttle is pushed off. May get by without it but if your using a factory module the may have to bypass it depending if it's a normally open or closed switch.

· Registered
2 Posts
I did it on my 2014 CR. Module is a bit of a * to get into place but it can be done WITHOUT removing the rear tire. Watch the video this video to see where the bracket is located, and how to remove it.
Here is how to remove the lowering link to make it possible to get module into place. You only have to take out lowering link.
I didn't end up using the throttle cable and it works fine. If you have anymore questions let me know.
Hate to ask, however I am putting cruise on my 2016 CC and have been told that you will NEED to and NOT NEED to use the cable. Can you please confirm if the cable that attaches to the module is needed? I do have the third electric cable that runs under the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts