VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 V92C last week and finally was able to get it out on the road for a little bit this last weekend. I love the was it rides and drives and once I get the windshield it will be my commuter. However, the previous owner has put on the exhaust in the picture, and I hate the sound at highway speeds. (BTW, realized just how much I'm not a fan of riding 75mph w/o a windshield, LOL) I'm looking for some quieter slip on's or stock pipes.. Since the exhaust on the bike still has the crossover, I'm thinking that it is probably stock from that point to the engine.

I'm new to cruisers and modding bikes, and due to my budget, will be learning how to do it myself as I go. Any thoughts or ideas about quieter mufflers are welcome. I am not a proponent of "Loud pipes save lives". I believe head's up defensive driving saves lives, and nearly 30 years of working crashes of all sorts kinda bear that out.

Anyway, I say ALL that to say I need quieter pipes.

Thanks for your patience!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Hmm, you might be looking in a pretty picked over bin there partner. I can tell you that you can put exhaust on from 'newer' bikes although you'd prob have to fab an exhaust bracket to hang 'em from. Another possibility is to just get some baffles for the ones you do have. I've seen people put 'lollipop' style baffles in open pipes. Not saying that will quiet those down much.. just offering possibly cheaper solutions than trying to replace those pipes.

Good looking machine btw. I love me some V92's. :) I think the only thing that I really had a beef with on the old bikes were the bags. My son had an 01 and I had an 02 with aftermarket bags. The narrow opening on the stock bags always annoyed the hell outta me.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Try here, he parts out bikes, The Vic Werks. Next call would be to Rylan @ The Vic Shop. He is into the old bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been looking at the options out there, and it's endless. But, having said that, I wonder if baffles might not be the answer. The exhaust that is on the bike is baffled, I just haven't had time to remove them and see what is left. Would repacking with fiberglass possibly work? Side benefit is that would be cheaper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good looking machine btw. I love me some V92's. :) I think the only thing that I really had a beef with on the old bikes were the bags. My son had an 01 and I had an 02 with aftermarket bags. The narrow opening on the stock bags always annoyed the hell outta me.
Thanks! I hate the bags that are on there and I bought some Viking leather wrapped hard bags to mount. I do armed security and needed something waterproof to put my carry rig in if it starts raining. Plus I think they will look great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum, so please don’t mind the lack of info. But, I did just get mine a few days ago and have the original slip ons. I’m in the central Florida area if that’s any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you selling them and would you be able to ship (I know not free shipping! LOL)?
I can definitely part with them, I just need to check the forum rules on how to go about selling parts. I'll pm you with pictures of em though when I'm back home. I'm in search of transmission parts though, if you have any leads though :dance:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the pics! Those look a lot better than what I have now. How much do you want for them?
I apologize for the delay in comms, it's been a long few days with keeping this bike running and working.
I'll be frank, I am trying to get a fair price for it. Given the limited availability, it will take me a bit to look into it to find what that price is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just found some on Ebay for $120 total, including S/H. I appreciate your time and now at least you have pics for uploading to the "Classified" section.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I apologize for the delay in comms, it's been a long few days with keeping this bike running and working.
I'll be frank, I am trying to get a fair price for it. Given the limited availability, it will take me a bit to look into it to find what that price is.
So... did you ever come up with a price for those oe slip ons? I have a 2002 and am lookeing for OE too.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a set of OEM off of my 2001 V9C. They are in good shape. I will part with them for just UPS cost. They are just taking up space in my garage. I sold her 7 years ago and got a 2014 CC. If anybody is interested let me know. I will send pictures if interested.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Terrific... I think they will fit on my 2002 v92C deluxe... which is pictured here, which has not even been delivered by American biker yet, because the paperwork I mailed them is not there yet.

But yeah man - I know they are heavy hunh?
It would be nice if anyone knows if the brackets are the same, or, if I can rig it up easy enough.

I will so much welcome the noise reduction.

Maybe I can pay it forward to someone who wants my slash cuts?

I am new on this site, and I will try to message you. If you do not get it - this is 8:44 pm on Wed feb 17 - pls message me.

THANKS!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.