VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time I've thought about getting a Hammer S, when the 2016's came out with the red racing stripes it was love at first sight. But I was saving up for a house (aka a garage to keep it) and had to delay my gratification. However this spring i'm back on the hunt for one. I've been looking online at a few that are for sale, and to be honest i was still shocked that dealers are still asking for 11-13K for a 2016 Hammer S. The closest dealer with stock to me (St Louis) is actually still asking for 14.5! I know Polaris is offering a bunch of rebates at the moment, but I had assumed with the death of Victory at the hands of Polaris, and the fact some of these bikes have sat on the lot for close to 2.5 years now, that a dealer would be begging for someone to buy them.

Long story short, has anyone had good success with buying some of the "still new" stock left at dealerships at cheaper than msrp - rebates? I've only talked to 2 dealers so far with limited success in talking them down in price.

·
Registered
820 Posts
For a long time I've thought about getting a Hammer S, when the 2016's came out with the red racing stripes it was love at first sight. But I was saving up for a house (aka a garage to keep it) and had to delay my gratification. However this spring i'm back on the hunt for one. I've been looking online at a few that are for sale, and to be honest i was still shocked that dealers are still asking for 11-13K for a 2016 Hammer S. The closest dealer with stock to me (St Louis) is actually still asking for 14.5! I know Polaris is offering a bunch of rebates at the moment, but I had assumed with the death of Victory at the hands of Polaris, and the fact some of these bikes have sat on the lot for close to 2.5 years now, that a dealer would be begging for someone to buy them.

Long story short, has anyone had good success with buying some of the "still new" stock left at dealerships at cheaper than msrp - rebates? I've only talked to 2 dealers so far with limited success in talking them down in price.
I have had the same issues with dealers. Can't get them to budge at all. If they would I would own 2 bikes instead of 1. Not even on bikes that were "factory new" but 3 or more years old. I have changed my focus to finding a gently used now via private party. I just have to be patient.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My old dealer in Houston never budged on theirs either. If it's the bike you really want with the colors you really want. I would say buy it. Whether it's a sports car or a bike they are not investments, they are toys. Look for a private seller if possible, you can not go wrong with a Victory. It will scratch that itch for years to come. Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Everyone is thinking it, I'm going to say it...

....WHY DON'T YOU OWN ONE YET!! GEEZ, JIST BUY ONE!!! LOL

Kidding.

Ok, we all know spring is the absolute worst time to buy jeeps, ATVs, houses and motorcycles. Should have bought in the winter. Prices were really low but now are really bouncing high.

If you want it now, jump fast. If you can wait, wait and get a better deal.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Don’t be afraid to widen your search to nation wide. You can have a bike shipped for around $500 give or take. Better yet, take a few days off, fly out and ride back!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Expand your search and go private party if you can. I drove 300+ miles one way to get mine.

Worth every mile. Not just because it’s a great bike, but also the deal was right.

Also, don’t be in a hurry. Took me about 5 months to find mine. Not to mention we are coming into riding season, so prices are likely to go up, not down.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Yep as stated, expand your search and you'll save money. They are out there.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania and bought my Jackpot in St. Petersburg, Fla. Had it shipped to me for $300. Took a week and a half to get it, but got a great price on the bike so it was worth the wait. If I didn't work 6 days a week, I would've flew or drove down to Florida and rode the bike back. But since I couldn't, the shipping option is not a bad option.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Right time, right place... Which takes patience. I found my 2013 Vegas 8-ball on cycle trader. 4500 miles for $6250. The deals are out there, you just have to find them. I had to drive 9 hours to get there and 9 hours home. It was worth the drive.
:drive1:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I don’t blame you for not wanting to pay 12k for a two year old left over bike that isn’t being produced any more. If you want a Hammer, definitely buy a used one. They’re out there for great prices with very low miles. And a lot of times they already have pipes and ac on them.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Buy low and sell high. Or so the hopes go.
It's obvious that the dealers have no issues with keeping them on the floor until someone, apparently not you, comes along and wants it bad enough to buy it. And they will sell them no problem. It's your choice. Brand new with warranty or used without one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A few months ago I purchased a 2016 Hammer S for $11k. It was the last new bike off their showroom floor. They originally cited a price of $12.5, but I showed him a link from CycleTrader that had a price of just over $10K so I made it clear that I knew what they could do. I also learned from them that the bike had been on the showroom floor for almost a year. I really like my bike, and it has a 2-year warranty along with a fresh battery.

Came close to getting a 2018 Harley Fat Boy, but so far glad I didn't. Use CycleTrader as your guide to prices. I also liked the Hammer Eight-Ball, which is a few thousand less. One option is buying out of state, but shipping can be up to $800.

The first link is an 8-Ball. I bet the seller would take $400 less, which would pay part of the shipping depending on distance. The other link is a Hammer S, best price I could find. If you get a "new" 2015/2016, make sure they give you a NEW battery.

2015 Victory HAMMER 8-BALL, Urbana IL - - Cycletrader.com

2016 Victory Motorcycles Hammer S Black W/Red Racing Stripes, Houston TX - - Cycletrader.com

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
If it were me, I would be all over that Hammer 8-ball. For the amount you are saving, you could easily paint a red stripe down it!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Charleston Il isn't that far from you. I got my CCT here and their deals were on par. Don't be afraid to haggle. Plus the ride home would be a good ride to break her in.

Gloss-Black-wWhite-Racing-Stripes--Charleston-Illinois---4567101

While I am aware it's not exactly what you were looking for, give them a call. You never know.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Seems like the OP started this thread and hasn't been back since......

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Seems like the OP started this thread and hasn't been back since......
He probably either bought one and is too busy riding, or he is spending all his free time shopping for the perfect deal.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wish I had some free time to ride. The next few days it is gonna be 75°-80° here in Pennsylvania. I work 6 days a week but can assure you that I will be on my bike as soon as I get off of work for the next few days.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Some dealers seem to think the well has dried and they now have gold. As for us, when we first got word of closing, we unloaded all of ours, gave up all rebates and even hold-back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.