Lodging near the dragon, brp & maffie valley | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Lodging near the dragon, brp & maffie valley

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Bikesofbrads, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    Mother Nature is dictating our getaway so instead of north ( lake mi, luv it up there, sigh ) we are now going south. We’re wanting to find a good hub to day ride to / from the dragon, that museum in Maggie valley & hit some of the BRP ( blue ridge parkway ). We’ve been to pigeon forge/ gatlinburg ( car shows around Labor Day are phenomenal ) Our biggest need is for the hotel to have stuff close like restaurants, grocery stores & shops within medium ( 1/2 mile ish max) walking distance, be clean & have a comfortable bed with safe bike parking. Great scenery to sit, relax & enjoy the evening after a good days of site seeing is the dream. We’re not opposed to anywhere but don’t want to have to take the bike for anything & everything ( during the evening for dinner & stuff ) I’ve been looking at these following areas cherokee, tallahasee tenn, bryson city, maggie valley and would appreciate any / all suggestions, experiences & ideas. Also, any must see / do places are welcomed. Thnx guys

• Like Like x 1
  2. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Sent you text

• Like Like x 2
  3. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Murphy NC fits the bill for what you're looking for. If wanting more of the motorcycle experience, the Two Wheel Inn in Robinsville NC is a cool place. Both put you close to what you mentioned plus lots of great riding down in Georgia.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    There are a lot of hotels and motels in and around Maggie Valley, NC. We’re staying at the Comfort Inn in aMaggie a alley next June. They’re very motorcycle friendly as are the other options in the area.

Murphy, NC is one of my favorite rides from my house. For me, it’s a beautiful ride along the Ocoee river to get their. I often ride out their for the beautiful ride and to get smoked wings at Rib Country.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    I've been going down to Murphy, NC...DAYS INN (they give motorcycle discount, talk to Michelle), for 6 years now....5 times this summer. She always sets us up on ground floor, park in front of our rooms, and all rooms together, close to each other. Tell her DEAN sent you:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    If at all possible, do the Dragon middle week. I got to Deals Gap Thursday evening around 5 and rode 129 North to Marysville for the night. Nice ride. In the morning coming back down, a lot of people who wanted to go faster than me, in cars and bikes. When I got back to Deals Gap, 5 Porches and a Mclaren fired up and drove off. ALL sounded like a bee hive. They trailer bikes in. Was an Aprilla there, the only place he had any tread was the center tire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. purplethunderkp

purplethunderkp Member

2004 Victory Kingpin ,2012 Victory Cross Country
    We have stayed at A Holiday Motel numerous times. It is located in Maggie Valley. I had my belt broken on my Kingpin an Rob, The owner of the motel lent me his motor cycle jack to change the belt right in front of my room. Located 5 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway , walking distance to Restaurants . I highly recommend this motel. Here's a link. A Holiday Motel - Affordable Hotel, Motorcycle Friendly Hotel

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tdcslong09

tdcslong09 Member

1994 Honda magna
    Stay in Asheville. The drive isn't that far. The food and beer selection is great. If you want to see the craziness Asheville has to offer walk around downtown on a friday or saturday night. That also puts you close to lots of other great roads to ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    I've never been to Maffie Valley. Is it nice there?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    No, stay away, you would hate it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    This is an awesome thread. About 20 friends from Kansas City in their local Indian owners Group are riding over here to Chattanooga and then we'll go on to Maggie Valley. This will take place in June of 2022. I'd love to hear your recommendations of half day and all day rides to go on as well as restaurants to try out all around that area. Our group is staying at the Comfort Inn in Maggie Valley so that part is already covered. Yes, I'll be on the only Victory of the group.

But, I wholeheartedly agree about staying off the Dragon on the weekends. It's often crawling with car clubs and wanna be racers who take up way more than their fare share of their lane. And please, I know you're a great rider but don't follow the locals. There are a lot of them that ride that road seemingly all the time and they're amazing riders. Many out of towners try to keep up with these locals and find themselves off the road and sometimes, needing serious medical attention. The bike parts their friends toss on the Tree Of Shame is often the easiest aspect of their entire trip.

An old friend who used to ride a yellow Honda Valkyrie 1500 out of Johnson City, TN literally had to replace his foot pegs every season. That man, Smokin Joe, embarrassed many a sport bike rider who thought they could ride. Many others come from the land of flat and straight roads and quickly find themselves over their head in switchbacks, banked corners and target fixation.

• Like Like x 5
  12. rustychevelle

rustychevelle Active Member

Cross Country
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. walks35

walks35 Well-Known Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    We were out there in 2018 and found an AirB&B for around $50 in Waynesville. Small town, had great places to eat and even a couple breweries. Depending where you find one available you can walk anywhere in under 10-20 minutes. We found a place (not offering rooms anymore) right behind Boojum Brewery. We had the entire top floor to ourselves.

Anyways, we've done AirB&B's a few times and the stays have been fine. We had one weird one in Milwaukee but that's for another thread :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    The Cherohala skyway is nice 20211011_150934.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Yeah, it’s right next to the Tail of the Doubloon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1